+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T: Jacinda Ardern

O/T: Jacinda Ardern

At a time we are disgusted with our own politicians, what class this woman has shown herself to have. Her behaviour and oratory have been top class. You could never see Theresa May using such emollient language for fear that she would be seen as pro-immigrant.
    For such a relatively young politician and world leader, this lady has a wise old head. I bet she was spurred on by the Donald's message of sympathy.
    Last edited by SwalePie; 18-03-2019 at 02:22 PM.

Illuminati

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    At a time we are disgusted with our own politicians, what class this woman has shown herself to have. Her behaviour and oratory have been top class. You could never see Theresa May using such emollient language for fear that she would be seen as pro-immigrant.
    For such a relatively young politician and world leader, this lady has a wise old head. I bet she was spurred on by the Donald's message of sympathy.
    Maybe she'll use that wise old head and look at the lax gun laws in New Zealand then?
    I'm horrified at how easy it has apparently been to not only purchase firearms of various caliber and type. But to keep on purchasing, with no one checking up.
    Were these people living in a bubble?
    Especially when you consider that their neighbor , tightened theirs up with a draw string after the Port Arthur massacre.
    Just remind me again, where said nut case came from?

Quote Originally Posted by maddogslater View Post
    Illuminati
    Explain yourself, man, and stop being arcane.

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    Maybe she'll use that wise old head and look at the lax gun laws in New Zealand then?
    I'm horrified at how easy it has apparently been to not only purchase firearms of various caliber and type. But to keep on purchasing, with no one checking up.
    Especially when you consider that their neighbor , tightened theirs up with a draw string after the Port Arthur massacre.
    That wasn't what the OP was about. Stick to the topic. We can argue about that one further down the line. Do you agree that she carried herself with dignity and used entirely appropriate language?

Ohh surprise surprise yet another thread started by our very own fire starter !

Bore off Sid this is a Notts county fans messageboard not politics rammel !

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    I am a bit focused about your statement TT? My nephew in NZ has a gun license but had to prove he was not on drugs, been in prison or is of stable mind. Also you can't buy a gun if it is to defend yourself ( like the States) or for personal protection.
    They are usually issued for hunting (in my nephews case) or pest control etc.
    The police very really allow civilians to have semi automatics.
    I spoke to him this morning he as to keep his gun in a locked metal cupboard that is bolted to the floor or wall.

Quote Originally Posted by HAPPYMAGPIEHAPPY View Post
    Ohh surprise surprise yet another thread started by our very own fire starter !

Bore off Sid this is a Notts county fans messageboard not politics rammel !
    He can't help it, HMH. He knows bugger-all about football so tries to impress us with his political insights.

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    I am a bit focused about your statement TT? My nephew in NZ has a gun license but had to prove he was not on drugs, been in prison or is of stable mind. Also you can't buy a gun if it is to defend yourself ( like the States) or for personal protection.
    They are usually issued for hunting (in my nephews case) or pest control etc.
    The police very really allow civilians to have semi automatics.
    I spoke to him this morning he as to keep his gun in a locked metal cupboard that is bolted to the floor or wall.
    https://slate.com/news-and-politics/...-shooting.html

Read them yourself 61.

They are too lax and people can own firearms, they really have no need to have.

Remember, I told you before. I had semi automatic pistols for competition shooting.
    They were all confiscated after Dunblane, when one nutter(who the police had received complaints about), used his vast arsenal on those poor kids.
    I had the cabinets and ammo storage as well. Member of a good gun club and instructor.
    All it takes is one person.

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    That wasn't what the OP was about. Stick to the topic. We can argue about that one further down the line. Do you agree that she carried herself with dignity and used entirely appropriate language?

Yes, we all agree. There, end of thread.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast