+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: My Patience Has Finally Evaporated For Dyche.

I'm thinking Pope, Heaton, Tarks, Taylor, Barnes, McNeil and possibly Wood Sinkov.

Take them out of our team and we are down to the bare bones.

Quote Originally Posted by 1959_60 View Post
    I'm thinking Pope, Heaton, Tarks, Taylor, Barnes, McNeil and possibly Wood Sinkov.

But Garlick will have banked the thick end of £100 million, so why worry?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    But Garlick will have banked the thick end of £100 million, so why worry?
    If the worse does happen and we get relegated and lose our main players then Sean would be the man who I would want in charge.

If Sean goes as well then it will get very messy very quickly.

Before we start recruiting players we would have to find a new manager and I can't think of anyone as suited to the job as Sean.

The club has surprised us before though - no one had heard of Owen Coyle or Sean Dyche before they rocked up at the Turf, and it didn't turn out too bad for us.
    But i doubt they can constantly pull rabbits out of the hat and I would feel very worried if Sean left.

Anyroad, beat Cardiff, pick up another win a a couple of draws and we will be OK.

What could possibly go wrong?

Yes I know we owe Sean Dyche a lot for what he has done for Burnley Football Club, he's been brilliant, but "been" is the operative word here, as Jon says "Boring Football, Boring Tactics ,..HOOF hOOF, and again Hoof it !!

He's been found out in more ways than one, whether we play in the Top division or National League, I used to pay to watch my Football Club (BFC) and expect to be entertained, for the last 18 Months it has been hit and miss with too much miss, and the lack of support by the Board and verbal rubbish by them, Dyche and Rigg is IMO swinging the lead.

Aye, I know its unlikely that Dyche will get sacked or leave, just like the Board will not be replaced, only said I did not know of anyone to replace them in case some clever bugger asked who I'd put in their place.

So if nothing changes (which it probably wont) expect more of the same to make it eventually worse, regardless my allegiance for Sean Dyche, just like the Board has gone.

Quote Originally Posted by 1959_60 View Post

I really wouldn't worry about it 59, the last time we were relegated the only players we couldn't hold onto were Ings, Trippier and Shackell, and the only player we have of comparable quality this time is Tarkowski. We have a decent Championship standard replacement in Gibson anyway, so Tarko wouldn't be a massive loss, and we have three international keepers so we can easily afford to lose one, even two of them. PL teams tend not raid relegated teams for their lesser/average players for obvious reasons, if any PL team came in for any of Taylor, Barnes, McNeill, Wood or any of our other players I'd be gobsmacked, it just won't happen, and I don't see why any of them would jump ship for another Championship team, even with relegation clauses there won't be many clubs paying better than us one division down.

We'll have plenty of problems if we get relegated, but keeping hold of our players won't be one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    I really wouldn't worry about it 59, the last time we were relegated the only players we couldn't hold onto were Ings, Trippier and Shackell, and the only player we have of comparable quality this time is Tarkowski. We have a decent Championship standard replacement in Gibson anyway, so Tarko wouldn't be a massive loss, and we have three international keepers so we can easily afford to lose one, even two of them. PL teams tend not raid relegated teams for their lesser/average players for obvious reasons, if any PL team came in for any of Taylor, Barnes, McNeill, Wood or any of our other players I'd be gobsmacked, it just won't happen, and I don't see why any of them would jump ship for another Championship team, even with relegation clauses there won't be many clubs paying better than us one division down.

We'll have plenty of problems if we get relegated, but keeping hold of our players won't be one of them.
    I think your right Sinkov the bit that bothers me is can we compete in the championship and I don’t mean that the players all aren’t good enough it’s just a big adaptation to go back to fast and furious of the championship football.
    We need to survive and it needs serious investment and players moving on.

I just can’t see it happening

Quote Originally Posted by army88 View Post
    I think your right Sinkov the bit that bothers me is can we compete in the championship and I don’t mean that the players all aren’t good enough it’s just a big adaptation to go back to fast and furious of the championship football.
    We need to survive and it needs serious investment and players moving on.

I just can’t see it happening
    One thing that did concern me during our visit ti the training ground and match on Saturday is that the manager drives home after his press duties after the match and drives back up on Wednesday to take training Thursday and Friday. (Unless there is a mid-week match).

If you have a part time manager you will get part time performance.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)