+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My Patience Has Finally Evaporated For Dyche.

My Patience Has Finally Evaporated For Dyche.

I have finally lost patience with Sean Dyche, my main concern and gripe has always been with our Board and the seemingly lack of ambition, be it by intent or sheer incompetence, but my faith in Sean Dyche regardless of not being backed more by the Board has finally gone.

His "Loyalty" to players is infuriating to see, and also work's against the team.

We have a poor front line of Barnes and Wood, and can only bring on a 38 year old has been to lump high balls up to and hope a knock down will fall to a Claret, yet a £10 Million player in Vydra is wasted sitting on his arse, regardless of what anyone on here says Vydra has not been given a fair crack of the whip, so why was money spent on him ?

The same can be said of Gibson, what does this young guy feel coming into training every day and watching Mee and Tarky have some dreadful games yet keep getting picked ?

So why was Vydra and Gibson purchased ? Don't tell me they are for the future as when purchased we needed them asap NOT for the future.

This Rigg fella has gone on video as saying Dyche and Garlick are on the same page, doesn't seem so with Wells, Vydra and Gibson not getting fair treatment when those costing us are reused time and time again, who gave the final nod on getting these players ? Players who are not top class, but being wasted watching regulars not performing.

I have read threads on here and some of us are getting frayed at the edges (including me), and who can blame them with Total Bollox coming out of Garlick's mouth about BFC's Bank account, his total own goal with his admission about Che Adams (reiterated just for giggles by Rigg), and Garlick's lack of investment and generally resting on his laurels, and total Bullsh!t baffles brains dialogue coming from Sean Dyche who obviously has taken lessons from Alastair Campbell about spin.

Riggs comments about the Vokes/Crouch deal being a successful window really did it for me, can anybody say if West Ham, Southampton, Brighton, Palace or even Cardiff had said that ? we'd have been laughing at them for months.

Dyche has had to work with what he's got, but late subs, continuing with players who are not pulling their weight time and time again with fringe players not being given a chance and seemingly NO plan B with the occasional good stint of games but far more dross being seen than the good stints.

Don't ask me who I'd like to replace Dyche, I don't know, just like with replacing the Board, they have let us fester for too long and it is going to take a lot more money to repair it, better to have done it at least 18 months ago as the building of a new team now will take Millions more now than it would have done earlier, we may still escape falling into the Championship this year, but it will come sooner or later especially with our Board still living on past success's and their constant negative attitude with the excuse of the "little old Burnley" attitude.

As I have said before, BFC can use any excuse they like with continuing sky high transfer fees, European Football or anything else they'd like us to swallow, but the bottom line is they have failed Burnley Football Club, its supporters and themselves, they have taken us to new heights yes, but obviously have reached their ceiling of competence.

I will keep supporting Burnley Football Club as long as I live, be it Premier League or National League, it pains me to write what may seem to some derogatory remarks about BFC, but many have said for well over a year now that performances and lack of action from our Board was hurting our Club, I as others I'm sure take no pride in saying unfortunately that hurt is now biting us on the backside and its a very long way back if its even possible.

I don't have a gripe with Dyche yet Alto .. I have a gripe with match officials who have cost us enough points to be safe by now with some awful decisions.. I will refrain from commenting on Dyche until the end of the season..

Alto, You make a lot of very good points that I would not argue against. I think the main thing here is yes Dyche has limitation like all managers and is very annoying at times with "Work in progress" nonsense. ALL teams are a "work in Progress", football is a replacement industry. This is the source of the frustration that I think we all really feel. This side failed to prepare for the season and recruitment is the focus for our frustrations. We sign insufficient quality players and not enough of them and then also don't play some of them at all. Who really knows if Vydra is any good at premier level; the poor devil never get a chance! If we survive this season we have a massive rebuild job in the summer where we really need 7/8 new players to add quality and depth when you consider leavers such as Crouch, Bardsley etc. I have no confidence the board or the "recruitment team" will do what needs to be done as the money won't be their for wages/transfer fees and I am also assuming we don't loose Pope to Arsenal, though you could'nt blame him for leaving for a better club. and we do't get relegated this season! To be honest I look at this club and I just feel frustration as we are part of the richest league in the world and act like clowns in respect to continuing in this league. We need at least 1 striker minimum to come in who is proven Premier league quality to give us a chance if we stay up. My frustration is I don't believe the club will acquire the players we need and that upsets me even more than Dyche.
    Last edited by Deadlydave; 17-03-2019 at 08:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Altobelli View Post
    I have finally lost patience with Sean Dyche, my main concern and gripe has always been with our Board and the seemingly lack of ambition, be it by intent or sheer incompetence, but my faith in Sean Dyche regardless of not being backed more by the Board has finally gone.

His "Loyalty" to players is infuriating to see, and also work's against the team.

We have a poor front line of Barnes and Wood, and can only bring on a 38 year old has been to lump high balls up to and hope a knock down will fall to a Claret, yet a £10 Million player in Vydra is wasted sitting on his arse, regardless of what anyone on here says Vydra has not been given a fair crack of the whip, so why was money spent on him ?

The same can be said of Gibson, what does this young guy feel coming into training every day and watching Mee and Tarky have some dreadful games yet keep getting picked ?

So why was Vydra and Gibson purchased ? Don't tell me they are for the future as when purchased we needed them asap NOT for the future.

This Rigg fella has gone on video as saying Dyche and Garlick are on the same page, doesn't seem so with Wells, Vydra and Gibson not getting fair treatment when those costing us are reused time and time again, who gave the final nod on getting these players ? Players who are not top class, but being wasted watching regulars not performing.

I have read threads on here and some of us are getting frayed at the edges (including me), and who can blame them with Total Bollox coming out of Garlick's mouth about BFC's Bank account, his total own goal with his admission about Che Adams (reiterated just for giggles by Rigg), and Garlick's lack of investment and generally resting on his laurels, and total Bullsh!t baffles brains dialogue coming from Sean Dyche who obviously has taken lessons from Alastair Campbell about spin.

Riggs comments about the Vokes/Crouch deal being a successful window really did it for me, can anybody say if West Ham, Southampton, Brighton, Palace or even Cardiff had said that ? we'd have been laughing at them for months.

Dyche has had to work with what he's got, but late subs, continuing with players who are not pulling their weight time and time again with fringe players not being given a chance and seemingly NO plan B with the occasional good stint of games but far more dross being seen than the good stints.

Don't ask me who I'd like to replace Dyche, I don't know, just like with replacing the Board, they have let us fester for too long and it is going to take a lot more money to repair it, better to have done it at least 18 months ago as the building of a new team now will take Millions more now than it would have done earlier, we may still escape falling into the Championship this year, but it will come sooner or later especially with our Board still living on past success's and their constant negative attitude with the excuse of the "little old Burnley" attitude.

As I have said before, BFC can use any excuse they like with continuing sky high transfer fees, European Football or anything else they'd like us to swallow, but the bottom line is they have failed Burnley Football Club, its supporters and themselves, they have taken us to new heights yes, but obviously have reached their ceiling of competence.

I will keep supporting Burnley Football Club as long as I live, be it Premier League or National League, it pains me to write what may seem to some derogatory remarks about BFC, but many have said for well over a year now that performances and lack of action from our Board was hurting our Club, I as others I'm sure take no pride in saying unfortunately that hurt is now biting us on the backside and its a very long way back if its even possible.
    WOW Alto. Read your thoughts and find myself totally agreeing with your senntiments. What comes over the most is the ineptitude of the Board of Directors and in that I totally agree. I also agree about Gibson, Vydra and Wells not getting a proper chance and that is down to Sean Dyche. However, the ridiculous stance of the recent transfer windows IMHO cannot be levelled at SD as you say he goes with what he has. Until it is proven I cannot accept that BFC has no money for reinvestment. We must be quids in on the transfer front and have massive cash from our placing in the Premier. The annual accounts will be interesting to read. My only issue with your comments would be the removing of SD, he does talk rubbish at times and does not give players chances but overall his leadership is very good. At the end of the day a lack of money being made available in down to directors and removing them would be difficult (I suppose it seems strange that Barry K has remained silent and I think that says a lot)

they may act guiltless - Alto....but I doubt they are - I think they know Exactly what they're up to - as I dont for a moment believe the peculiar decisions that many of us notice as heavily unnatural - can be so senseless and illogical without some deliberate influence intent at some level - to shape inconsistency - and build a greater Failure rate than what would be ordinarily natural.
    Unfortunately....this hustle plays through Football....so is likely then that we the fans are now just irritants to be kept ignorant- relegated to a misty ambience....and separated from this backroom wonga machine of manipulation and switch....perhaps being - why we're treated as Idiots !

Cheerrs.

Last edited by Norder; 17-03-2019 at 09:28 PM.

Some good personal responses which I respect.

Alf, I know what you mean about Ref's making some awful decisions, yes they have cost us some points, but I'm looking at games with how much attacking threat we have in games, which isn't half near good enough, individual performances which again are few and far between, and the total unbelievable Jekyll and Hyde difference from one game to another, Dyche being passive with change, Subs and reluctant to drop players not delivering, plus the fact his mantra is too rigid (like his set up) and is said as though we are just mere Muppets, but I admire you still giving him more time.

Dave, I have said a few times that I cannot fathom out why Hart is on the subs bench yet Pope is not in the squad yet he played in a cup game, for me Hart needs to be shown the door asap as IMO I think he's a bad influence on the squad as I said when he first came here, I hope the whispers of him departing for America are true and he goes quickly, You know BFC Dave, a smell of money coming in will make them wet their pipes when someone comes knocking for Pope, I only hope they have learned their lessons (doubt it) and hold out for a lot more than has been mentioned.

Lancaster, again like Alf I admire your loyalty to Sean Dyche, be prepared then for more of a defensive attitude, loyalty knowing no bounds, players being stripped of their creativity to be more defensive minded.. . . . . . . . . . . Oh and NO plan B.

Whether its Method in their Madness or just plain stupidity Norder, its no way to run a business be it a Football Club or not, Yes I'm Well P!ssed Off.

Quote Originally Posted by Altobelli View Post
    Some good personal responses which I respect.

Alf, I know what you mean about Ref's making some awful decisions, yes they have cost us some points, but I'm looking at games with how much attacking threat we have in games, which isn't half near good enough, individual performances which again are few and far between, and the total unbelievable Jekyll and Hyde difference from one game to another, Dyche being passive with change, Subs and reluctant to drop players not delivering, plus the fact his mantra is too rigid (like his set up) and is said as though we are just mere Muppets, but I admire you still giving him more time.

Dave, I have said a few times that I cannot fathom out why Hart is on the subs bench yet Pope is not in the squad yet he played in a cup game, for me Hart needs to be shown the door asap as IMO I think he's a bad influence on the squad as I said when he first came here, I hope the whispers of him departing for America are true and he goes quickly, You know BFC Dave, a smell of money coming in will make them wet their pipes when someone comes knocking for Pope, I only hope they have learned their lessons (doubt it) and hold out for a lot more than has been mentioned.

Lancaster, again like Alf I admire your loyalty to Sean Dyche, be prepared then for more of a defensive attitude, loyalty knowing no bounds, players being stripped of their creativity to be more defensive minded.. . . . . . . . . . . Oh and NO plan B.

Whether its Method in their Madness or just plain stupidity Norder, its no way to run a business be it a Football Club or not, Yes I'm Well P!ssed Off.
    I think it is patently obvious that fans' opinions are not considered or of any concern to Management.

When I read "I will always support Burnley" that is what they see as well.

A fan base for all time.

Smaller than 20,000 perhaps but still sustainable.

It is also clear that the recruitment plan is to recruit internally-hence a greater importance on Youth and Development.

It is, as I have always maintained, a business.

It is a little bit about entertainment--but not that much.

Fans accept any sort of win and if its a tough, hard, game without much skill--who cares?

Shareholders are the main concern. Gone are the days of Directors chipping in the keep the club afloat or buy players.

Lone, Long GONE.

Its now about getting payback.

So we can all complain but it falls on totally deaf ears.

That is why we never hear about injury recovery players sought; transfer fees paid; transfer fees gained.

We are the proverbial little fan who pays his money and is told "wait and see what we will give you".

And its that sort of dismissal attitude from Management that will see them gone --eventually.

Crikey Alto! I suspect a lot of Burnley fans have been as blindly loyal to Dyche as he has been to his players?

On Saturday Dyche's luck finally ran out and his lack of tactical nous shone like a beacon.

Maguire gone after four minutes, a worldie from Maddison, Wood missing an open goal from underneath the bar, three obvious penalties not given, a horrible deflection landing right on top of Morgan's head and our season in the sun was over.

Wells, Walters, Vydra, Hart, Gibson, were all unconsidered panic buys and have done nothing to strengthen the team. Hoof, hoof, hoof was all we got on Saturday, when the ball on the deck was the obvious way to tire out a ten men team.

Two obvious possibilities: if we get relegated Dyche goes and half the current team will be sold anyway. If we stay up Garlick must undo the purse strings and give Dyche a real chance to show if he can really swim with the sharks.

Personally, I think we will be relegated because for some totally unfathomable reason we have totally lost our mojo.

Quote Originally Posted by blueheeler1 View Post
    I think it is patently obvious that fans' opinions are not considered or of any concern to Management.

When I read "I will always support Burnley" that is what they see as well.

A fan base for all time.

Smaller than 20,000 perhaps but still sustainable.

It is also clear that the recruitment plan is to recruit internally-hence a greater importance on Youth and Development.

It is, as I have always maintained, a business.

It is a little bit about entertainment--but not that much.

Fans accept any sort of win and if its a tough, hard, game without much skill--who cares?

Shareholders are the main concern. Gone are the days of Directors chipping in the keep the club afloat or buy players.

Lone, Long GONE.

Its now about getting payback.

So we can all complain but it falls on totally deaf ears.

That is why we never hear about injury recovery players sought; transfer fees paid; transfer fees gained.

We are the proverbial little fan who pays his money and is told "wait and see what we will give you".

And its that sort of dismissal attitude from Management that will see them gone --eventually.
    I agree Blue it is a business and that's it , im interested to see just how much of little money we have or have had or what's been taken out.

The truth is as many before have posted we simply failed to.prepare.
    this season as they rightly publicised was to be our greatest in many years back in Europe, a seventh place finish another season in the best league in the world.

We failed to buy players , already had injuries , More games to play than previous season's.

I accept the building from the inside up but that is a long process and there are a lot of clubs trying the same process as us some of them with unlimited funds.

Imo this league doesn't lie and we get what we deserve so in the next seven games if we can't get enough points to stay in it we will have deserved to go down.

It's an interesting next few weeks and I have a feeling if we don't survive many will be having a bigger gripe than this.

Nobody mentions another little niggle in the fact that in January both Dyche and the board knew that our only creative midfielder and possible game changer Defour was out for the season(which they duly told us in MARCH) and they failed to replace him.Cork,Westwood and Hendrick are not fit to wipe his boots.
    It was last year that I started criticising Offside Woods and Hopeless Hendrick but they get in the team week in week out for some unknown reason. Tarky looks a shadow of the player he was last season and why Pope has not been put back in goal after the howlers from Heaton at Anfield is beyond me.
    Something is seriously wrong behind the scenes in my opinion.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)