+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: My Patience Has Finally Evaporated For Dyche.

Having watched and supported Burnley FC since the late 1950's I have seen many ups and downs from winning the first division to being on the verge of losing our football league status. This is the first time since then that I have thought of not watching the clarets, our style of play is boring to say the least.

I am of the opinion the club needs to change firstly we need a board of directors with some ambition, which I cannot see happening with those presently holding that office. The manager and coaching staff need to change their approach to the style of play and to select players with passion and commitment rather than a striker who as yet to learn the off side rule or alternatively replace the manager and coaching staff. Finally there is a problem with our recruitment team or lack of. We keep hearing the same old words from the club, rather than keep stating things like work in progress, we are struggling to compete with the more financially backed clubs either stop buying player that never get or get limited game time or give them a chance to show if they can make a difference as they cannot be worse than some of those on Saturday were.

It's such a shame we fought so hard to get to the EPL and have seemingly chucked it all away through a lack of ambition by our Board of Directors.

We could all see this but all we got was hogwash: "Nobody mentions another little niggle in the fact that in January both Dyche and the board knew that our only creative midfielder and possible game changer Defour was out for the season(which they duly told us in MARCH) and they failed to replace him. Cork, Westwood and Hendrick are not fit to wipe his boots."
    Last edited by The Bedlington Terrier; 18-03-2019 at 01:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vintage Claret View Post
    Having watched and supported Burnley FC since the late 1950's I have seen many ups and downs from winning the first division to being on the verge of losing our football league status. This is the first time since then that I have thought of not watching the clarets, our style of play is boring to say the least.

I am of the opinion the club needs to change firstly we need a board of directors with some ambition, which I cannot see happening with those presently holding that office. The manager and coaching staff need to change their approach to the style of play and to select players with passion and commitment rather than a striker who as yet to learn the off side rule or alternatively replace the manager and coaching staff. Finally there is a problem with our recruitment team or lack of. We keep hearing the same old words from the club, rather than keep stating things like work in progress, we are struggling to compete with the more financially backed clubs either stop buying player that never get or get limited game time or give them a chance to show if they can make a difference as they cannot be worse than some of those on Saturday were.
    It has to be remembered that monies HAVE been spent on transfers-in; its just that monies have been totally wasted.

I can think of a number of players that we "acquired" who have not helped us one bit--or who have not been given a chance.

WTF?

And that is down to SD.

We have transferred out players like Vokes and the Canadian midfielder who could contribute more than what we currently have.

We bought a Keeper FFS.

We bought a used-by-date winger.

We bought that tall lanky has-been forward--who comes on.

We bought Wells; Walters and the list goes on.

We bought Gibson--who?

SD should have been shown the door on those performances alone--let alone the league position.

Its a joke. Unfortunately a bad one.

Quote Originally Posted by Altobelli View Post
    I have finally lost patience with Sean Dyche, my main concern and gripe has always been with our Board and the seemingly lack of ambition, be it by intent or sheer incompetence, but my faith in Sean Dyche regardless of not being backed more by the Board has finally gone.

His "Loyalty" to players is infuriating to see, and also work's against the team.

We have a poor front line of Barnes and Wood, and can only bring on a 38 year old has been to lump high balls up to and hope a knock down will fall to a Claret, yet a £10 Million player in Vydra is wasted sitting on his arse, regardless of what anyone on here says Vydra has not been given a fair crack of the whip, so why was money spent on him ?

The same can be said of Gibson, what does this young guy feel coming into training every day and watching Mee and Tarky have some dreadful games yet keep getting picked ?

So why was Vydra and Gibson purchased ? Don't tell me they are for the future as when purchased we needed them asap NOT for the future.

This Rigg fella has gone on video as saying Dyche and Garlick are on the same page, doesn't seem so with Wells, Vydra and Gibson not getting fair treatment when those costing us are reused time and time again, who gave the final nod on getting these players ? Players who are not top class, but being wasted watching regulars not performing.

I have read threads on here and some of us are getting frayed at the edges (including me), and who can blame them with Total Bollox coming out of Garlick's mouth about BFC's Bank account, his total own goal with his admission about Che Adams (reiterated just for giggles by Rigg), and Garlick's lack of investment and generally resting on his laurels, and total Bullsh!t baffles brains dialogue coming from Sean Dyche who obviously has taken lessons from Alastair Campbell about spin.

Riggs comments about the Vokes/Crouch deal being a successful window really did it for me, can anybody say if West Ham, Southampton, Brighton, Palace or even Cardiff had said that ? we'd have been laughing at them for months.

Dyche has had to work with what he's got, but late subs, continuing with players who are not pulling their weight time and time again with fringe players not being given a chance and seemingly NO plan B with the occasional good stint of games but far more dross being seen than the good stints.

Don't ask me who I'd like to replace Dyche, I don't know, just like with replacing the Board, they have let us fester for too long and it is going to take a lot more money to repair it, better to have done it at least 18 months ago as the building of a new team now will take Millions more now than it would have done earlier, we may still escape falling into the Championship this year, but it will come sooner or later especially with our Board still living on past success's and their constant negative attitude with the excuse of the "little old Burnley" attitude.

As I have said before, BFC can use any excuse they like with continuing sky high transfer fees, European Football or anything else they'd like us to swallow, but the bottom line is they have failed Burnley Football Club, its supporters and themselves, they have taken us to new heights yes, but obviously have reached their ceiling of competence.

I will keep supporting Burnley Football Club as long as I live, be it Premier League or National League, it pains me to write what may seem to some derogatory remarks about BFC, but many have said for well over a year now that performances and lack of action from our Board was hurting our Club, I as others I'm sure take no pride in saying unfortunately that hurt is now biting us on the backside and its a very long way back if its even possible.
    I've a lot of time for Dyche Alto, as you probably know, but I don't dispute anything you say, your criticisms are all perfectly valid. Despite my admiration for Dyche I always believe that the buck stops with the manager, and if the wheels are falling off, as they are, then it's his responsibility. If indeed, instead of solving our problems, Dyche has become the problem, then we could agree to an amicable parting of the ways, it would have to be done that way, this club owes the man far, far too much just to call him in one morning and tell him he's sacked.

But then what ? Mr Garlick and the board would still be in place, and you admit yourself that you have no idea who to replace him with, of course you don't, neither do I, nor does anyone else, because the man who could do a better job than Dyche, given the constraints he operates under, probably doesn't exist. But football being what it is, change is probably coming, Dyche himself has often said he won't be here for ever, he may well not be here much longer, like Lt-Colonel Kilgore said in Apocalypse Now, "One day son, this war's gonna end".

But when it does, don't expect things to get any better.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    I've a lot of time for Dyche Alto, as you probably know, but I don't dispute anything you say, your criticisms are all perfectly valid. Despite my admiration for Dyche I always believe that the buck stops with the manager, and if the wheels are falling off, as they are, then it's his responsibility. If indeed, instead of solving our problems, Dyche has become the problem, then we could agree to an amicable parting of the ways, it would have to be done that way, this club owes the man far, far too much just to call him in one morning and tell him he's sacked.

But then what ? Mr Garlick and the board would still be in place, and you admit yourself that you have no idea who to replace him with, of course you don't, neither do I, nor does anyone else, because the man who could do a better job than Dyche, given the constraints he operates under, probably doesn't exist. But football being what it is, change is probably coming, Dyche himself has often said he won't be here for ever, he may well not be here much longer, like Lt-Colonel Kilgore said in Apocalypse Now, "One day son, this war's gonna end".

But when it does, don't expect things to get any better.
    I don’t think for a minute they’ll sack him Sinkov he’s the ideal manager, doesn’t moan express his concerns over signings or lack of , simply explains the clubs position has he’s been told to do and backs the board.
    He fits like a hand in a glove,

I wander if it may change if we went down again and didn’t come straight back up like last time,
    The powers that be are comfortable with the premier league and the living they have out of it.
    If the money dried up a bit it maybe different.

I’m a fan of Dyche to a point though I think his structure and tactics have been worked out along time ago and that is partly why we simply can’t compete at this level.

we need to hope he can perform one last set of miracles in the next 6 weeks to keep us in this league or I think we could be on a slippy slope down, as I can’t see the board investing in premier league players to get us up again when they blatantly refused to do it twice this season.

No, I don't think they'll sack him either army, as you say, both club and manager are a good fit, they stuck with him when we were relegated before, I'm sure they will again should it happen. I do wonder about Dyche though, he's got Barnfield up and running, our training facilities no longer hold us back, he's taken us to 7th in the PL, realistically there's not much more he can do and he must know this. I get the feeling he's always been a bit touchy about any criticism he receives, if he thinks the fans might be turning against him, it wouldn't surprise me if he was soon looking for a new challenge.

They won't sack him unless they have a talented replacement confirmed that won't ask for a fortune and will buy into our clubs philosophy - and I don't think that person exists.

Sean is a honorable bloke and a realist.

He will decide if a move is best for him without dumping our club in the mire.

Realistically, who would be interested in him? I am struggling to see which Prem club would take him, and he's surely too talented for a drop to the Championship?

If we survive this season I reckon that everyone connected with the club will have learned a few lessons and we will be a different animal next season.

If we get relegated then I worry that we will lose a lot of good players - on top of our need to start replacing the older players.

Either way, I expect significant changes in the team.

I will still be very happy if Sean is still at the helm, this season will prove to be a big part of his personal development and he will be much wiser as a result.

Pragmatic as usual 1959-60!

Quote Originally Posted by 1959_60 View Post
    They won't sack him unless they have a talented replacement confirmed that won't ask for a fortune and will buy into our clubs philosophy - and I don't think that person exists.

Sean is a honorable bloke and a realist.

He will decide if a move is best for him without dumping our club in the mire.

Realistically, who would be interested in him? I am struggling to see which Prem club would take him, and he's surely too talented for a drop to the Championship?

If we survive this season I reckon that everyone connected with the club will have learned a few lessons and we will be a different animal next season.

If we get relegated then I worry that we will lose a lot of good players - on top of our need to start replacing the older players.

Either way, I expect significant changes in the team.

I will still be very happy if Sean is still at the helm, this season will prove to be a big part of his personal development and he will be much wiser as a result.

Why ???,....Boring Football, Boring Tactics ,..HOOF hOOF, and again Hoof it !!
    One of these days , Crouch will score,...Being Hoofed to Him,...Low of Averages state ,..He Must!!! Surely !!

Who are this 'lot of good players' we will lose in the event of relegation 59 ? There might be a bit of interest in Tarko, possibly Pope or Heaton, but I don't see any of the others attracting offers from the PL. I don't think we'd be needing that ****ty stick..

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)