+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: League two and National league predictions

League two and National league predictions

Okay, so without knowing our squad or leagues for next year, where do you predict where we will become if we stay up or go down?

I'm going for relegation: 12th
    Stay up: 5th (We'll have the momentum behind us)

Quote Originally Posted by jscarr View Post
    Okay, so without knowing our squad or leagues for next year, where do you predict where we will become if we stay up or go down?

Without wishing to cause offence, but what a ridiculous post!

Surely even non-footy posts make more sense than this one?

Don't be, I'm afraid I'd had a beer with a buddy before this post and was pondering possible outcomes. Please ignore.

Don’t apologise, makes perfect sense if you’re not a pedant.

If we go down we could well struggle again, mid to bottom...I’ll go with 16th.

If we stay up then I’ll go with 13th.

All depends on who's running the show and depth of pockets.

I think if we go down we will have an average year like Chesterfield have had. If we stay up we will have the confidence and momentum for a play-off push, as long as Hardy sorts out the sale. A big few months ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by jscarr View Post

I actually think this could be an interesting discussion because there are so many variables in play at the moment.

The clubs ability to avoid relegation to the NL seems to be impacted by issues not just on the playing side. An announcement of new ownership for example could give the whole club a lift which might transfer onto the pitch. Going into admin could have the reverse effect, who knows.

If we go down and into admin I fear the worse and cannot bring myself to make a prediction.
    If we get new owners and go down, assuming we would be competitive in the NL I would expect us to be competing for promotion.
    If we stay up but in admin I'm assuming we will have a points deduction at start of the season so another struggle on our hands and possible another relegation battle.
    If we stay up with new ownership it all depends who we have in charge of playing matters and how we structure the squad and playing budget. I would like to think we would avoid a repeat of this season at the very least.

Plenty to debate and discuss on this football related topic, don't be afraid to post again jscarr.

If we avoid relegation, then go into admin, we'll relegate ourselves, unless we pull more than 10 points clear of 23rd.

Quote Originally Posted by apieandpint View Post
    If we avoid relegation, then go into admin, we'll relegate ourselves, unless we pull more than 10 points clear of 23rd.
    I heard that there was a cut off point for this to happen, which we have now passed and admin now would mean a points deduction starting next season? No idea if this is true or not, anyone have any details on this?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast