+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: League two and National league predictions

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    I heard that there was a cut off point for this to happen, which we have now passed and admin now would mean a points deduction starting next season? No idea if this is true or not, anyone have any details on this?
    My understanding is you are partially correct if we finish more than 10/12 points clear of relegation then it goes onto next season.

If we finish say 5 points ahead of 23rd but go into admin I believe we lose the points this season, which would relegate us.

This rule was brought in as Leeds were 3 points behind on the last day in the Championship a few years back and their GD was terrible so they knew they were going down so they put themselves into admin to take the points hit that season but under the new rules they would have gone down and started League one on -10/12.

That is what I think the rules are.

Found it in the EFL rule book.

Basically if a club enters an insolvency situation prior to 5pm on the fourth thursday of March a 12 point deduction will apply immediately. If a club enters an insolvency situation after 5pm on the fourth thursday then they will start the next season with a 12 point deduction, even if relegated to the NL.

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    Found it in the EFL rule book.

Basically if a club enters an insolvency situation prior to 5pm on the fourth thursday of March a 12 point deduction will apply immediately. If a club enters an insolvency situation after 5pm on the fourth thursday then they will start the next season with a 12 point deduction, even if relegated to the NL.
    Sounds like 29 March could be an important date. Haven't I heard that before ??

I am not about to make any predictions. I have got so many wrong this season and am now relying on faith in Notts - misplaced as it may be - to get us out of this nightmare of a season.
    For information to those who wish to contribute, I provide the following.
    In the National League there are 11 (eleven) teams who have previously been in the Football League.
    In the National League North there are 9 (nine).
    In the National League South there is 1 (one).

I think it shows that for any team dropping out of the Football League, returning quickly proves to be extremely difficult, and for
    some it never happens.

I'm afraid we are down, we don't seem to be able to win home games which is essential, especially where we are currently. Next season if we avoid administration I reckon we'll be like last years victims Barnet/Chesterfield, flirting with relegation at times but probably surviving. If we end up with a points deduction then its likely another drop, that is if the club survives at all.

Firstly, I think we'll be relegated. It might end up being closer than I first thought, but it seems inevitable that we'll fall short. Maybe our goal difference will do us in (and rightly so).

So based on that assumption, I'll go with the following two scenarios: a) the takeover goes through and we have a competitive budget, b) the takeover falls through and we go into admin.

In scenario a), I think we'll probably do what Chesterfield are doing - have ambitions for promotion, start dreadfully, then pick up towards the end of the season. Any sort of promotion push would probably come a season or two later. Obviously it all depends on who's in charge and how they recruit.

In scenario b), I think there's no real limit to how far we can fall, and I would fully expect us to be drawn into another relegation battle, whether that's in he National League or the National League North.

If we get a normal or decent owner, I think we can realistically expect to get back into the league within a 2 or 3 seasons, or at least pushing for promotion. But it certainly won't be easy.

Fun times ahead! COYP

6th in League Two. The other prediction is not yet relevant. Keep the faith until all hope is gone.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12