+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Selling our players?

Its a dangerous thing to say but that won't happen this time. We don't need the money as such but won't stand in the way of Ajayi and Vaulks as long as we get good deals. In order to get the money we think they are worth, they have to go this summer whilst they still have a year on their deals. That is one of the reasons we have never got the big money deals as we have allowed players to run down their deals.

I don’t have a problem if we sell for a good enough price and we replace them.

Wiles hopefully will be here for a few seasons yet and not go to a Prem who might just drop him if they think he’s not for them.

Obviously I’d like all to stay

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    I don’t have a problem if we sell for a good enough price and we replace them.

Wiles hopefully will be here for a few seasons yet and not go to a Prem who might just drop him if they think he’s not for them.

Obviously I’d like all to stay
    But you’ll never know how much they go for, it will be “undisclosed fee”

Today's prices as ridiculous as there are i would value all 3 in excess of 10 million total .

Quote Originally Posted by PokerMillersSwinton View Post
    Today's prices as ridiculous as there are i would value all 3 in excess of 10 million total .
    Venezuelan bolívars ?

I think Ben wiles still has some polishing to do he’s good on the ball but lacks accuracy for me.

Vaulks and semi should bring some money in but I’m always wary of selling players because a) how much we get for players hasn’t been too impressive in recent years and b) will we put the money back in and buy players or will we just say we have money but use the line “we just couldn’t get it over the line” when knowing full well our wage budget is crap.

When we were in the old 2nd division we were a feeder club for other teams, where we let such has Butler & Houghton go to Hull City, Bennett to Newcastle etc. Not forgetting the Millers were the longest serving 2nd division club until relegation, to which after Plymouth then became the longest until their relegation.

Had Vaulks stayed on the pitch at the Lane I firmly believe we may well have got something out of the game. Prior to his sending off we had just flashed two chances across their goal and then followed this up with two consecutive corners. We were changing the game slow but sure, said my Sheff Utd mate confirmed from the John Street stand! At least we agreed on something that day.

Fast forward another game and by all accounts he wasn't missed Saturday so, are we showing the steel to handle Vaulks' absence in the midfield/side? I like the style of Crooks and what he has to offer and the more Wiles plays game time, then he will surely better himself.
    On top go that we still have Williams but I'm not so sure on Towell staying unless he sees sense about his wages demands.

As for Shemi, he's doing the right things at the right time of late with 6 in 7. Next game up Derby, where they'll get another look at him.
    They both still have that wayward pass in them but, by going to a stronger club with better coaching available, I'm sure they'll become better players for it.

IF, we get good offers put in for Vaulks/Ajayi, I'm pretty sure most fans will wish them well as they deserve to go on to better challenges.
    It's revenue to TS to do what he sees fit with and you never know we just might get those 2/3 special players to complete our side.
    Last edited by Brin; 18-03-2019 at 08:59 PM.

....but, Semi is still losing his runners, he let the QPR man go and he crossed for their goal. Same v Norwich, he lost Ben Godfrey for their 2nd. Good job he's knocking them in at the other end.....

Quote Originally Posted by avondalemiller View Post
    ....but, Semi is still losing his runners, he let the QPR man go and he crossed for their goal. Same v Norwich, he lost Ben Godfrey for their 2nd. Good job he's knocking them in at the other end.....
    Avondale, like I said, if he goes to a bigger club they will help him iron out these mistakes and progress to better things on the field.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast