+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Selling our players?

disagree brin regard not missing him on saturday. i thought crooks had his worst game so far and looked outclassed all game. towell i didnt realise he was playing when he came on. as mentioned above aj defensive side is still suspect. which left the unbelievable wiles...

Crooks was good at breaking up the play but when he had the ball he didn’t know what to do with it.

Towell is a player to start a game not as a sub

Newell is a sub not a start player.

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Crooks was good at breaking up the play but when he had the ball he didn’t know what to do with it.

Agreed.
    I lost count of the number of times Crooks won the ball but then passed it straight back to a Norwich player. Some work is needed to improve his awareness when in possession but he has just come from League 2 so this is not entirely unexpected.
    Towell did his usual headless chicken act when he came on and, based on his form for most of this season, I'm not sure he's what we need if we stay in the Championship.
    Newell actually had a decent game on Saturday which is unusual when he starts. Most people, including Warne I think, agree that he's usually more effective when he comes on for 20 minutes or so. Unfortunately that's probably a luxury we can't afford when building the squad for next season.

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post

Don’t agree, Newell had a good game so I wouldn’t be too worried in him starting, Crooks obviously needs game time, he did ok for his first full game and I’d start him again over Towell.

Them players played well again Norwich

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123