+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Selling our players?

Selling our players?

For the first time in a long time we have the basis of a team that can complete at this level for the foreseeable future.
    With the addition of 2 or 3 perminent signings in the summer we have a chance to build on what is already there.

To value Ajayi, Vaulks, Wiles at however many millions is natural I suppose but I'd much rather see these players stay and make us a team that can compete.

Not going to happen though is it Frog.

This is the problem with the 'find hidden gems, polish them and the sell them on' approach that so many posters say is the answer to maintaining the financial stability of the club - you sell your best players.

Would be delighted if all 3 were still here next season (if we're still in the championship) however think we'll struggle to hold onto Ajayi & Vaulks, especially if we go down.
    Wiles hopefully will stay for another season either way

We'll also need to replace Rodack, Fulham will almost certainly want him next season
    Last edited by BramleyMiller58; 18-03-2019 at 12:39 PM.

Dont think Wiles will go anywhere but Id be amazed if if Vaulks and Ajayi are here next year....good luck to them both they have both given everything for RUFC

If any substantial offer came in for any of the players then grab it. Doing so will take the strain off Tony Stewart’s wallet.
    Any cash 💰 will keep us on solid financial footings. I would love to get to a position of being able to sell at profit one player per season.

Quote Originally Posted by gm_gm View Post
    Dont think Wiles will go anywhere but Id be amazed if if Vaulks and Ajayi are here next year....good luck to them both they have both given everything for RUFC
    Yes I would be surprised if Ajayi and Vaulks are still with us. I don't think either would welcome league 1 football nor another struggle season in the Championship. Both would at least double their wages elsewhere.

Vaulks would be a good fit for Sheffield United.

Trouble is when we sell players, its at Aldi prices instead of M & S. The club does not seem to know how to value a player.

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Yes I would be surprised if Ajayi and Vaulks are still with us. I don't think either would welcome league 1 football nor another struggle season in the Championship. Both would at least double their wages elsewhere.

Vaulks would be a good fit for Sheffield United.
    Only if they'll let him have a towel.....😉

Quote Originally Posted by Ericsladkilnhurst View Post
    Trouble is when we sell players, its at Aldi prices instead of M & S. The club does not seem to know how to value a player.
    For some reason that has been a problem going right back to the 1960s (probably even before that). Other clubs of roughly our stature appear to have done much better than us from player sales

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast