+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wales and the derby sending-off ... Will Vaulks' column from last Friday's Advertiser

Wales and the derby sending-off ... Will Vaulks' column from last Friday's Advertiser

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Davis (Advertiser) View Post

“Their player has done well to chop back inside. I've barely even nicked him, to be honest, and he's made a bit of a meal of it. As soon as he sees the red card, he's back up.”

Translation - he cheated

Is there any other sport or occupation where fellow “workmates” actively try to get you into trouble?

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    “Their player has done well to chop back inside. I've barely even nicked him, to be honest, and he's made a bit of a meal of it. As soon as he sees the red card, he's back up.”

Translation - he cheated

Is there any other sport or occupation where fellow “workmates” actively try to get you into trouble?
    Well done Will on the call up and the column.

Have you ever worked in a US office environment Grist? If you had you would know the answer to that is a definitive, Yes!
    Last edited by CAMiller; 18-03-2019 at 03:27 PM.

No surprisingly I haven’t

But US companies don’t crack on about respect and have badges on their shirts saying just that.

No surprisingly I haven’t

But US companies don’t crack on about respect and have badges on their shirts saying just that.
    They might not wear it on shirts but they do crack on about it ad nauseam. In fact, looking on the back of my security badge, inclusion and respect are listed as two of the company values. About 5 years ago, a coworker really stitched me up over a project and when I respectfully called him a c@nt I was the one who was fired

instead of the C word maybe call him a fanny. Not as offensive in the US eh

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    They might not wear it on shirts but they do crack on about it ad nauseam. In fact, looking on the back of my security badge, inclusion and respect are listed as two of the company values. About 5 years ago, a coworker really stitched me up over a project and when I respectfully called him a c@nt I was the one who was fired
    The horses head in the bed might have been a better approach.

Much of the legal profession will consist of trying to exploit failings on the opposing side I'd imagine. Also, anyone involved in safety inspections.

Quote Originally Posted by John2 View Post
    Much of the legal profession will consist of trying to exploit failings on the opposing side I'd imagine. Also, anyone involved in safety inspections.
    John , do you have examples of this behaviour? Just asking.....

Quote Originally Posted by John2 View Post

Hmmm....I get the gutter tactics of the financially driven legal profession, but not getting how it links to safety inspections?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast