+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Midfield

Midfield

Interested in your views of what we do for Exeter in midfield. By all accounts Vaughan was poor on Sat, as we all know we missed Jim but even so, our midfield made next to nothing happen...
    So what next?
    Does Toots keep his place at RB freeing up Mitch in the midfield?
    I favour a 3 man midfield to cover and help Doyle's ageing legs, so if Jim does make it for Sat, I'd keep Toots and play Mitch, Doyle, Jim in the middle.
    Aless also had a poor game, so I'm plumping for CMS back in and pray Enzio does something on the other side.
    Hemmings plays for me, tho NA seems to hint Steady will be back...
    Thoughts and brains?

Just to add, I'm not a chop and change merchant - tho it might sound like it! - I'm just at a loss as to whats our best combo and chance of creating goal scoring opportunities...

If JOB is fit then he needs to play in place of Vaughan. Keep Rose in midfield and Toots at right back. JOB is probably our most creative central midfielder right now so him just in front of Doyle and Rose. Let them do the dirty work and allow him to push up with Hemmings, Enzio and CMS in front of him.

Yep, with you on that, Jim played a more advanced role at Carlisle didn't he.
    What if Jim isn't fit? Does Vaughan keep his place...

Quote Originally Posted by Ben the Pie View Post
    Nah! - I'd replace him with the lady who sells the hotdogs

Assuning everone is fit, I'd go with the same team as Carlisle.

Quote Originally Posted by Florida Pie View Post
    Assuning everone is fit, I'd go with the same team as Carlisle.

Nurse, another one has escaped.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben the Pie View Post
    I thought Toots did really well considering he hasn't played since early January. Vaughan tries his best but was slow and pretty useless on Saturday - seemed to me he was playing too deep but why?? it was only Morecambe!!

If JOB fit and we play him, Doyle and Rose in midfield who is going to create and link up with Kane?
    If JOB not fit who do we replace Vaughan with?

Personally I think Ardley needs to play 2 up front to give us something more going forward. But given his post match comments I think he will stick with who played on Saturday and hope we can catch Exeter on the counter.

Who's that big lad up front Exeter has who ran us ragged last season?? Hope he's not playing!

Quote Originally Posted by calmpie View Post
    Who's that big lad up front Exeter has who ran us ragged last season?? Hope he's not playing!
    Jayden Stockley, signed for Preston so I'd be quite surprised if he played for Exeter on Saturday

Vaughan is a waste of space, as someone else suggested I'd replace him with the tea lady if needed.

I don't think O'Brien will be fit yet, wouldn't play Vaughan, Hewitt is injured, Husin is on international duty, Crawford is out on loan, that leaves us with Patching, who arrived with a lot of hype but not sure he actually touched the ball after coming on or Andy Kellett, who is much more of a number 10 than a centre mid but could work well enough.

-------- Schofield

Tootle Duffy Stubbs Milsom

----- Doyle --- Rose
    ---------- Kellett

CMS ---------------- Enzio
    ------- Hemmings

Quote Originally Posted by DelroyFacey22 View Post
    Jayden Stockley, signed for Preston so I'd be quite surprised if he played for Exeter on Saturday

Vaughan is a waste of space, as someone else suggested I'd replace him with the tea lady if needed.

I don't think O'Brien will be fit yet, wouldn't play Vaughan, Hewitt is injured, Husin is on international duty, Crawford is out on loan, that leaves us with Patching, who arrived with a lot of hype but not sure he actually touched the ball after coming on or Andy Kellett, who is much more of a number 10 than a centre mid but could work well enough.

-------- Schofield

Tootle Duffy Stubbs Milsom

----- Doyle --- Rose
    ---------- Kellett

CMS ---------------- Enzio
    ------- Hemmings
    Osborne first touch on Saturday, a through ball to CMS down the channel was probably the most penetrating ball from midfield we played all game and he actually looks like he’s up for it so if JOB not fit play him over Vaughan, in fact I’d give Colin Slater a run out before Vaughan!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast