+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: New team to join religation battle

Just read that Derby,Wendys and Villa are all under investigation and their accounts are being carefully scrutinised and if found to have breached the fair play financial rules they will also be docked points.At a meeting of league clubs this week the "big boys" wanted to change the rules but the small clubs ,like us refused to support that proposal.Derby are losing millions a month ,that's why they and Wendys are up for sale.

Quote Originally Posted by crashbang View Post
    Sorry but I think that the 2 weeks adjournment takes it beyond end of March.
    Hence points taken off next season .
    To wrinkle.
    Not how I read the fl rules crash re administration. Here's an extract as to how the deduction is applied based on date of admin. 4th Thursday in March is the relevant date:

"a)during the Normal Playing Season but prior to 5.00pm on the fourth Thursday in March, the points deduction shall apply immediately;

b)during the Normal Playing Season but after 5.00pm on the fourth Thursday in March, Regulation 12.3.4 shall apply; and

c)outside the Normal Playing Season, the points deduction shall apply in respect of the following Season such that the Club starts that Season on minus 12 points (including in the National League if appropriate).

Where the circumstances set out in Regulation 12.3.3(b) apply and at the end of that Season, having regard to the number of championship points awarded (ignoring any potential deduction):

a)to the Club would be relegated in accordance with Regulation 10.1.2(b) or 7.7, the points deduction will apply in the next following Season (including in the National League if appropriate); or

b)the Club would not be relegated as aforesaid, the points deduction will apply in that Season and Regulation 10.1.2(b) or 7.7 will then apply (if appropriate) following imposition of the points deduction."

In summary:

1. Admin before 5pm on 4th Thursday in March = immediate 12 point deduction
    2. Admin after that time/date and if the club would have been relegated even without the points deduction = 12 points deduction following season
    3. Admin after that time/date and the club would not be relegated without a points deduction = 12 points deduction at the end of the season and, if this puts the club into a relegation position, they will be relegated (if not - they stay up)

So if you can get anything up to 21 pts deduction, and Birmingham really took the p*ss when they signed someone for £2m, and only got -9pts, then just what do you have to do to get -21???

Like others have said, 9pts is just enough to keep them safe..........but why not 12? when that figure was mentioned numerous times.

Is there any where you can read the judgement on the 9pts deduction?

really puts birmingham well in the mix as they have the top 5 to play in april plus visits to us reading and wigan... really is squeaky bum time

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    really puts birmingham well in the mix as they have the top 5 to play in april plus visits to us reading and wigan... really is squeaky bum time
    Well I'd rather be in Birmingham's new league position than ours. They may have some tough games to play but the teams below them still have to win their games to drag Birmingham into real danger.
    The Brummies probably only need to win 2 of their last 8 fixtures to be safe. That's hardly a punishment for blatant cheating.

Re mine and Crash's posts above - as to when Bolton's points deduction would apply if they went into admin before the end of the season:

I've seen a few explanations in the media (BBC football, Sky Sports News) saying that because any admin would now take place after 28 March the deduction would be next season - as Crash stated.

However the EFL rules
    https://www.efl.com/-more/governance...---the-league/
    seem (to me anyway) to clearly state that , unless Bolton would have been relegated even without the deduction, they would get the deduction this season. rule 12.3.4 a) and b) seems straightforward to me.

So:
    have the Beeb etc. got it wrong?
    is there a new version of the rules which I have missed?
    have I misinterpreted the rules? (surely not!)

This could be very relevant for us if we finish 3rd from bottom with Bolton less than 12 points above us.

It's probably a moot point as I expect Bolton to avoid admin.

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    Well I'd rather be in Birmingham's new league position than ours. They may have some tough games to play but the teams below them still have to win their games to drag Birmingham into real danger.
    The Brummies probably only need to win 2 of their last 8 fixtures to be safe. That's hardly a punishment for blatant cheating.
    I'm looking at it as, if Birmingham loose all the last 8 we only need 1 more win to overtake them. Ok it still not not be enough to keep us up but Brum would be below us. looking forward to the battle and from the bottom 7 teams the miller's may not have the skill players but they sure have some fight

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345