+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Season Ticket Price Freeze

Quote Originally Posted by arnapie View Post
    That's the spirit.
    Notts have had tens of thousands of pounds out of me over the years and I'm not complaining but I don't see why I should continue if I think that I'm not getting value for money,some of the games will be lifeless on a cold Tuesday night and don't think that we will bounce straight back up either,fingers crossed that we somehow stay up so that I hand over my hard earned as usual

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    That's the spirit!

People seem to be forgetting that very weird thing that invariably happens every summer - pre-season optimism. In early May you decide that enough is enough and you can't take any more, but when June starts you begin to wonder a little bit. In July a few new signings are completed, encouraging noises are made about our chances, and most on here make positive predictions. In August you start to think "you never know, this could just be our season" and realise the alternative on a Saturday afternnon is shopping with the wife.

Once infected, it's a hard disease to cure. I hope they never find the cure in my lifetime.
    Exactly. No matter how grim things are at Notts, a Saturday without a game is just so empty for me. There's no way I could just stop watching*/following Notts.

*Actually I'll have stop watching Notts if we're relegated, as I don't think iFollow will be available in the National League. Balls.

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    Exactly. No matter how grim things are at Notts, a Saturday without a game is just so empty for me. There's no way I could just stop watching*/following Notts.

*Actually I'll have stop watching Notts if we're relegated, as I don't think iFollow will be available in the National League. Balls.
    Despite the appalling season I’ve actually enjoyed being able to watch the games on iFollow, which has been a very good service. (I now tell my kids not to disturb me between 5 and 7pm, as I will be swearing profusely at a TV/computer screen watching the game.)

It’s not all bad news, though - we would still have audio commentaries if we’re in the National League. Anyway, I still have my post-Carlisle optimism that we are now going to stay up. Mind you, I also believe Brexit will go swimmingly, Donald Trump will win the Nobel Peace Prize and Notts will find a wealthy benefactor, so maybe I should check my medication.

[QUOTE=navypie;39175314]No need to ask if you'll still be going to away games as well durham.[/QUOTE

l will being going to all of them regardless of what league we are in. if we go down (which i hope we dont) then it will be all new grounds and new pubs to visit.. What more could you want for on a Saturday or Tuesday night..

Ludicrous prices if Notts are in the conference next year.

That's the spirit!

People seem to be forgetting that very weird thing that invariably happens every summer - pre-season optimism. In early May you decide that enough is enough and you can't take any more, but when June starts you begin to wonder a little bit. In July a few new signings are completed, encouraging noises are made about our chances, and most on here make positive predictions. In August you start to think "you never know, this could just be our season" and realise the alternative on a Saturday afternnon is shopping with the wife.

Once infected, it's a hard disease to cure. I hope they never find the cure in my lifetime.
    Nicely put, EP. I'm sure most football supprters get the same itch in the early Summer and can't wait to scratch it in August.

Well put durham, count me in as well.

Notts are and always will be my club, it will take a lot more than dodgy owners and sh!t players to make me break the habit of a lifetime.
    Well said chaps I will be joining you for mine and Mrs B's, I mean what would we moan on about on Saturday afternoon, aye !!!
    Last edited by Bridg4d_Pie_; 19-03-2019 at 09:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cocopops61 View Post
    Notts have had tens of thousands of pounds out of me over the years and I'm not complaining but I don't see why I should continue if I think that I'm not getting value for money,some of the games will be lifeless on a cold Tuesday night and don't think that we will bounce straight back up either,fingers crossed that we somehow stay up so that I hand over my hard earned as usual
    The NL league has a lot of midweek games straight away, during August and September. I guess its as some clubs struggle through winter with pitches.

I seem to remember by the time the EFL have played 6 the NL have played 10-12 games

£380 to watch non league football from the Pavis... Is it April 1st?

I will continue to get a season ticket for as long as there’s a club to support. I just cannot stop going no matter how bad it gets.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast