+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: O/T 24 hours in police custody on now Channel 4.....

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Loyal, I was only flicking through the channels when I happen to come across it. Previously, there have been very interesting ones shown so, thought I'd give it a browse. I wish I hadn't but, having watched more than half fit now others are in the frame so to speak I'll see it out to the end.

The programme itself does show a great insight what the police have to go through trying to obtain convictions. Running into brick walls with 'No Comment' given when interviewed leaves the investigation at a stalemate.

By 'no comment' they both get bail while it's looked further into. Great time to get their stories right!
    Shouldn't we all be pleased that the police have to work hard to get somebody before a court?

Personally I think if there aren't enough prison places they should bring back some of the old punishments like flogging.

Who could object to someone who downloaded pictures of toddlers being raped being flogged?

Quote Originally Posted by KerrAvon View Post
    Shouldn't we all be pleased that the police have to work hard to get somebody before a court?
    Kerr, good evening. The point I was making but probably wasn't correctly worded, was that with suspects merely stating 'no comment', which I suppose is their prerogative, allows them bail so then they get to conclude facts with each other and when re interviewed get their stories bang on.

With such serious charges against all three, they should have been kept in custody until all investigations were completed.

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    Personally I think if there aren't enough prison places they should bring back some of the old punishments like flogging.

Who could object to someone who downloaded pictures of toddlers being raped being flogged?
    Wouldn't get off the floor pal. Too many Lord Longfords out there shouting abuse of their human rights!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12