+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: End of season Rodak to leave......should Price be given a run?

End of season Rodak to leave......should Price be given a run?

Simply cannot see us offering Fulham a bid for Rodak as proven this January when we could have put a sensible bid in for him. With this in mind, isn't it time for Price to be given a try seeing how Rodak seems to be making silly/stupid mistakes of late?
    Last edited by Brin; 18-03-2019 at 11:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Simply cannot see us offering Fulham a bid for Rodak as proven this January when we could have put a sensible bid in for him. With this in mind, isn't it time for Price to be given a try seeing how Rodak seems to be making silly/stupid mistakes of late?
    ...and Price hasn't done the same (or worse) previously? Stick with Rodak - he's a better keeper overall, from what I've seen
    Last edited by mikemiller; 18-03-2019 at 11:37 PM.

he makes 4 or 5 good saves per game. hes allowed the odd mistake.

Just thinking ahead when he’s gone and we haven’t recruited again. It will be Price and Bilbo saving the day.....

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Just thinking ahead when he’s gone and we haven’t recruited again. It will be Price and Bilbo saving the day.....
    Surely the option of taking another loanee in the summer would also be on the cards, Brin? Obviously what we do will depend on which League we play in but, even if it's League One, we could look for a Rodak Mark 2? I would keep playing him now - he's doing well - and look at our options when the season ends. I think Price is primarily for cover.

Wouldnt be too upset if he left, all the best to the lad

Price isn’t a bad keeper but we can’t afford to put him in net when we’re fighting to stay in Championship.
    Let’s hope the international break does Rodak good and gets whatever he’s lost back.

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    Price isn’t a bad keeper but we can’t afford to put him in net when we’re fighting to stay in Championship.
    Let’s hope the international break does Rodak good and gets whatever he’s lost back.
    MT, glad you see it like I do in that it’s not just the odd mistake he’s making. His positional sense is getting worse and he clearly lacks the ability to command his 6 yard area. The Norwich game is a prime example.

These mistakes are bad and costing us goals against and crucial points. What does Pollitt do with him in training?

I've said this before, Rodak is a very young goalkeeper who is still learning his trade so he's bound to make mistakes occasionally.
    I wonder how many 21 year old full international goalkeepers are currently playing as first choice in the Championship? That's right, just the one!.
    He's going through a bit of a wobbly spell at the moment and it may be time to give Price a go but personally I'd stick with Rodak. Remember form is temporary, class is permanent.

We moan we don’t sign young players with potential then we do and moan about the mistakes they are making.
    If he didn’t make mistakes he wouldn’t be with us.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast