+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: And We Thought We Were In A Mess

As explained in other posts. If only two get relegation from Championship, then 23 teams would compete in League 1. So they only relegate 3 so they have 24 teams next season which means that league 2 either has to have 3 promoted to it from the conference or only relegate 1 team so that 72 teams remain in the EFL

So it's either, still 2 relegated from L2, hard lines to the 91st but the 92nd had to go; and good luck to the third placed conference club, now promoted but who wasn't expecting it. Or 1 relegated from L2 and good luck for the 91st; and as you were, conference number 3, you're staying in the conf.

The only sad club now is Bolton, and the happy one is........drum roll........come in No. 91!

EFL rules - (Section 3) Rule 11.1

Replacement of Clubs Ceasing to be Members

Admission of new Clubs. For so long as the number of Clubs in The League shall be 72 or more no new club shall be admitted as a member of The League to replace a Club ceasing to be a member. In the event of the number of Clubs falling to below 72 the Board shall be empowered to admit clubs as new members up to a maximum number of 72 Clubs. Such new members shall only be admitted prior to the beginning of a Season, and shall play in League Two in their first Season.

https://www.efl.com/-more/governance...---the-league/

Edit - Seems to suggest the EFL would protect its members by reducing the number of relegations.

Quote Originally Posted by Bushwacka View Post
    EFL rules - (Section 3) Rule 11.1

Replacement of Clubs Ceasing to be Members

Admission of new Clubs. For so long as the number of Clubs in The League shall be 72 or more no new club shall be admitted as a member of The League to replace a Club ceasing to be a member. In the event of the number of Clubs falling to below 72 the Board shall be empowered to admit clubs as new members up to a maximum number of 72 Clubs. Such new members shall only be admitted prior to the beginning of a Season, and shall play in League Two in their first Season.

https://www.efl.com/-more/governance...---the-league/

Edit - Seems to suggest the EFL would protect its members by reducing the number of relegations.
    "Think this is a load of tosh - we just need to win our matches - simples"

I'd feel ashamed if we had to rely on clubs going bust for survival.

Quote Originally Posted by MagpieTony View Post
    If we go down, it's because over the course of the season that is what we deserve. I would sooner suffer the consequences of our own ineptitude than escape through the very sad consequences of another club's misfortune, especially one as severe as what is facing Bolton Wanderers at this current time. Bolton, like ourselves are a club with a rich and proud history. To see such a club facing demise is horrific. Up to now, we haven't seen a league club fold through financial pressure although many including ourselves have come close. I fear that the first will be a very sad day and will set an awful precedent that will open the door for many more to follow. I really hope that it gets sorted and that our own fate will be secured by our own performance rather than their expense.
    Great post and I totally agree.

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    Great post and I totally agree.
    Good luck to Bolton

Quote Originally Posted by BanjoPie View Post
    "Think this is a load of tosh - we just need to win our matches - simples"

This makes interesting reading, but not for those of a nervous disposition.

https://247-football.com/2019/03/19/...rdrOW7lh2AOAis

What a nonsense fred. Bolton are far from down and out. I'd trade their position for Notts' any day. I can already see the cavalry's dust lighting up their horizon.
    Contrast that with Notts' horrific home form and goal difference. If I was a bookie, I'd pitch Notts' chances of survival at 1/5.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark_Ross View Post
    I'd feel ashamed if we had to rely on clubs going bust for survival.
    So would I, but I'd take it. After all sportsmanship doesn't matter, people say.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast