+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: And We Thought We Were In A Mess

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    What a nonsense fred. Bolton are far from down and out. I'd trade their position for Notts' any day. I can already see the cavalry's dust lighting up their horizon.
    Contrast that with Notts' horrific home form and goal difference. If I was a bookie, I'd pitch Notts' chances of survival at 1/5.
    We're talking Macc, surely, not Bolton. They will always survive somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by Bohinen View Post
    We're talking Macc, surely, not Bolton. They will always survive somehow.

Both, really Bo. If Bolton were to sadly go into liquidation, chances are only 1 team would be relegated from L2.

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    What a nonsense fred. Bolton are far from down and out. I'd trade their position for Notts' any day. I can already see the cavalry's dust lighting up their horizon.
    Contrast that with Notts' horrific home form and goal difference. If I was a bookie, I'd pitch Notts' chances of survival at 1/5.
    Good job you're not a bookie then. Offering odds of 1/5 on survival means you think we've got a 83.3% chance of avoiding the drop.

Am I the only person on here who would sooner have Bolton survive and Notts go down than Bolton go bust and Notts stay up? Obviously I would prefer we just stay up and Bolton dont go bust but I would certainly sooner we stayed up the right way rather than once again by a get out of jail free card. Hope Bolton survive.

Totally Queensland. Really hope they do.

Quote Originally Posted by MagpieTony View Post
    Bolton, like ourselves are a club with a rich and proud history.
    The only team we've beaten in an FA Cup final too. Chunks of history approaching the abyss.

They won't go under.
    No way would it be allowed.
    May get some massive punishment, but does anyone seriously think the league will allow them to go out of business?

Not sure about that Tricky, their debt is enormous, a hangover from Allardyce and Gartside as his chief exec from years ago. If there is no money stumped up they go through and with the takeover falling through and no second buyer in the wings they're cutting it fine.
    Darlington went as did Scarborough, much smaller clubs but they did go under and had to start again.

If the money is not forthcoming, it's hard to see what the FL can do about it - I'm sure the Scottish League didn't want Rangers to go bust but they did.
    However I think someone somewhere will probably step in and save Bolton, it does usually happen.

Quote Originally Posted by optipez View Post
    Not sure about that Tricky, their debt is enormous, a hangover from Allardyce and Gartside as his chief exec from years ago. If there is no money stumped up they go through and with the takeover falling through and no second buyer in the wings they're cutting it fine.
    Darlington went as did Scarborough, much smaller clubs but they did go under and had to start again.
    I understand what you're saying mucker, but the worst scenario I could see. Would be the same as Rangers.
    At the very worst league 2 but stripped bare.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast