+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: And We Thought We Were In A Mess

And We Thought We Were In A Mess

'Bolton face winding-up order tomorrow'

http://www.skysports.com/share/11670091
    Last edited by SwalePie; 19-03-2019 at 07:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Glad2BeAPie View Post
    'Bolton face winding-up order tomorrow'

http://www.skysports.com/share/11670091
    Macclesfield are also before the bench tomorrow as well.

None of which is good news or even consoling news for us.

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    None of which is good news or even consoling news for us.
    In a very horrible way, as long as we don't hit the same fate, it is actually a possible escape route for Notts. If Bolton are liquidated as some suspect will happen, then that will mean only one team drops. If Macclesfield get admin, then that means Notts need to just make sure we don't drop 12 points to Macclesfield and get taken over pretty sharpish so we don't suffer the same. Horrible way to escape our situation but you always have to look for the opportunity in the dark

God thats true CBP, horrid but true....man, I feel for Bolton fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    In a very horrible way, as long as we don't hit the same fate, it is actually a possible escape route for Notts. If Bolton are liquidated as some suspect will happen, then that will mean only one team drops. If Macclesfield get admin, then that means Notts need to just make sure we don't drop 12 points to Macclesfield and get taken over pretty sharpish so we don't suffer the same. Horrible way to escape our situation but you always have to look for the opportunity in the dark
    If we go down, it's because over the course of the season that is what we deserve. I would sooner suffer the consequences of our own ineptitude than escape through the very sad consequences of another club's misfortune, especially one as severe as what is facing Bolton Wanderers at this current time. Bolton, like ourselves are a club with a rich and proud history. To see such a club facing demise is horrific. Up to now, we haven't seen a league club fold through financial pressure although many including ourselves have come close. I fear that the first will be a very sad day and will set an awful precedent that will open the door for many more to follow. I really hope that it gets sorted and that our own fate will be secured by our own performance rather than their expense.

I'd like to know where have Bolton spunked all the dosh from the Premier league & parachute payments as they are in serious debt.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    ‘Sorry’ - I just don’t get this, 3 teams are relegated from the Championship so if Bolton went bust then would then surely only 2 teams would go down - I can’t see how this would affect Notts. could you please explain it further.
    Last edited by BanjoPie; 19-03-2019 at 03:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BanjoPie View Post
    ‘Sorry’ - I just don’t get this, 3 teams are relegated from the Championship so if Bolton went bust then would then surely only 2 teams would go down - I can’t see how this would affect Notts. could you please explain it further.
    There would be only 91 league clubs instead of 92 if Bolton fold.
    So in all probability the team finishing 91st would not get relegated.

Quote Originally Posted by BanjoPie View Post
    That would leave 23 teams in League 1....

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast