+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: And We Thought We Were In A Mess

Still Parties interested in Bolton.This I would imagine being their "get out" card for being wound up & admin.Judge will give them a few more weeks if this is the case

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Good job you're not a bookie then. Offering odds of 1/5 on survival means you think we've got a 83.3% chance of avoiding the drop.
    Stop revealing my turf accountancy illiteracy. I just got the 1 and the 5 the wrong way round is all. Wouldn't you rather it was that way?

Quote Originally Posted by irishpete View Post
    Still Parties interested in Bolton.This I would imagine being their "get out" card for being wound up & admin.Judge will give them a few more weeks if this is the case
    Good luck with that, Bolton, I imagine the tax bods have heard that one before, I can't see them holding up a winding-up order without definite proof of imminent payment. "Parties interested" won't work it.

I cant see Bolton being wound up I know the debts are big but someone will get a deal done.

Plus I cannot see the league this late in the season just allowing them to fold now, the issue they would have is if some top clubs have took 6 points off them and others only 2-3 points ....you can see them taking legal action as they will see it as them being stopped to a "pot of gold" in the premier league.

Quote Originally Posted by legs77 View Post
    I cant see Bolton being wound up I know the debts are big but someone will get a deal done.

Plus I cannot see the league this late in the season just allowing them to fold now, the issue they would have is if some top clubs have took 6 points off them and others only 2-3 points ....you can see them taking legal action as they will see it as them being stopped to a "pot of gold" in the premier league.
    The last team I remember going out of the Football League before the end of the season was Accrington Stanley. They resigned in March 1962 and all their results were expunged (what a great word), thus the final Division 4 league table that season showed every team playing only 44 games.

Their demise was due to unpaid transfer fees of £4,000, a similar amount owing to the Inland Revenue, plus further creditors that came to light at a creditors’ meeting shortly after their last League game, a 4-0 defeat at Crewe.

Hearing was due @ 10.30

Macclesfield given more time to pay HMRC, their case adjourned until May

Bolton given until April 3rd

Good for them, any word on Bolton?

Quote Originally Posted by Ben the Pie View Post
    Good for them, any word on Bolton?
    Bolton have until April 3rd. They claim to have a buyer wanting to pay off the debts but the small turn around of two weeks seems to me to be quite short so don't think they're out of the woods yet

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast