+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Swapping my car.

Swapping my car.

After 7 years driving Jaguars, S type and my XF. Both very reliable, only ever had to have normal services.
    Went to Market Harborough ( what a lovely town) today to view a Ford Kuga titanium x sport done the deal pick it up next week. Needed a hatch back to get my mobilty scooter in, wanted a Jaguar xf sportbrake, but wife doesn't like estates. Getting in out of the Kuga, is much easier for me.

Quote Originally Posted by soulman101 View Post
    After 7 years driving Jaguars, S type and my XF. Both very reliable, only ever had to have normal services.
    Went to Market Harborough ( what a lovely town) today to view a Ford Kuga titanium x sport done the deal pick it up next week. Needed a hatch back to get my mobilty scooter in, wanted a Jaguar xf sportbrake, but wife doesn't like estates. Getting in out of the Kuga, is much easier for me.
    So you opted out from the Volvo XC 60 Lloyd? Btw, never had a Volvo myself.

Quote Originally Posted by SwedishBaggie View Post
    So you opted out from the Volvo XC 60 Lloyd? Btw, never had a Volvo myself.
    Hi, it was all down to my wife 's choice, she loved driving the Jaguar but said it was too big to park it overhangs all parking bays.
    I shall miss the power and road holding of the Jag, but I always drive to the speed limits so the top speeds are wasted on me.
    But will save a lot on fuel and car insurance.

Hi, it was all down to my wife 's choice, she loved driving the Jaguar but said it was too big to park it overhangs all parking bays.
    I shall miss the power and road holding of the Jag, but I always drive to the speed limits so the top speeds are wasted on me.
    But will save a lot on fuel and car insurance.
    Ok, best of luck with the new car.

Wish I could say the same thing about speed limits... Had a new speeding ticket waiting for me when I came home from England yesterday. Obviously someone had been speeding with my car in Denmark a month ago in front of a speed camera, some £ 250... 😳😡😬

Quote Originally Posted by SwedishBaggie View Post
    Ok, best of luck with the new car.

Wish I could say the same thing about speed limits... Had a new speeding ticket waiting for me when I came home from England yesterday. Obviously someone had been speeding with my car in Denmark a month ago in front of a speed camera, some £ 250... ������
    HI, do you also get points on your licence or just a fine.

HI, do you also get points on your licence or just a fine.
    Only fine this time since happened abroad.

If in Sweden always fines, can also be suspended. Points in some way in as much as if you get too many fines in a certain period of time, it can be suspended.

Haven't bought a car for years always lease. My wife collects her Kuga Titanium in April. Less than £250 a month. No £25k to fund up front and after 3 years just hand it back without the hassle of selling it.

[QUOTE=9goals2hattricks3pen;39176312]Haven't bought a car for years always lease. My wife collects her Kuga Titanium in April. Less than £250 a month. No £25k to fund up front and after 3 years just hand it back without the hassle of selling it.[/QUOTE
    Hi, never thought of looking at leasing. Those figures are close to what i've lost in depreciation on my Jaguar.

Always better to own a vehicle in my opinion and better than putting through a business according to my accountant.

I buy new usually and then keep for 4/5 years and with BMW’s and Audi’s they normally keep 40-50% of their original value over that period if looked after reasonably well.

My X5 is a great workhorse and it’s petrol/electric which I enjoy.

I’ll probably go for the same again next time but I am tempted to try a Range Rover Sport when the electric one comes out but they feel so bloody big compared to the X5.

I have thought about going into the new Audi E-Tron GT all electric sports car when it comes out though so I will be testing that.

If I go for it I may trade my second car in as well as I have an Audi R8 V10+ which I bought last year but mainly keep for sunny “feel good” days.

It’s nice to have the opportunity to look and drive such great cars but two of my favourite ever cars were my 1973 Ford Capri 1600GT that I had in 79 when I was 18 and the Ford Mondeo I had in 93 which was one of the first ones to ever hit the roads when I had it as a company car.

Ford’s normally drive and hold the road really well so I can understand you finding the Kuga to be appealing Lloyd and I hope you enjoy it.

[QUOTE=soulman101;39176584]
    Quote Originally Posted by 9goals2hattricks3pen View Post
    Haven't bought a car for years always lease. My wife collects her Kuga Titanium in April. Less than £250 a month. No £25k to fund up front and after 3 years just hand it back without the hassle of selling it.[/QUOTE
    Hi, never thought of looking at leasing. Those figures are close to what i've lost in depreciation on my Jaguar.
    Wife has just corrected me its the Kuga ST Line she is getting and paying £234 per month= £8.5k over 3 years. Depreciation calc says it will lose 48% or around £13k so for me it's a no brainer. Go for 3 years as the manufactures warranty means never have to pay a repair bill.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)