+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Police appeal after child hit with bottle in bob lord stand

Police appeal after child hit with bottle in bob lord stand

https://www.burnleyexpress.net/news/...soXKbtlgjPqcAo

Police are appealing for information after a child was struck by a bottle thrown during a Burnley FC match at Turf Moor. Police revealed that the incident occured during the 70th minute of the Clarets' Premier League game against Crystal Palace when, as a result of an argument between two women, a plastic bottle was thrown by one of the women which hit a small child. The argument took place in the Bob Lord Stand at Turf Moor during the match on Saturday, March 2nd. A police spokesman said: "The woman who threw the bottle is said to be white with blonde hair, who was wearing blue jeans, pink jumper and a black leather jacket. "Police are appealing for any witnesses who may have seen this Incident to contact PC 6215 Healey either by calling 101 quoting Incident LC-20190302-1190 or alternatively emailing 6215@Lancashire.pnn.police.uk."

Read more at: https://www.burnleyexpress.net/news/...soXKbtlgjPqcAo

Women chucking plastic bottles, I despair, whatever happened to handbags ? Back in the day Mrs T could subdue the entire EU with one swing of her handbag. And don't tell me our Police have suffered swingeing cuts when they still have the manpower to investigate an incident as trivial as this.

Kids are getting smashed in the mush with cheese slices for a giggle on Facebook, children are being assaulted with plastic bottles in the BOB LORD STAND (of all places!) WTF is this world coming to?

If it was your Grandson who was hit you would come up with this answer, I'm glad you think a child being hit with anything is trivial, I've watched Burnley for almost 50 years and never ever heard anyone dismiss an attack on a child in this way you should be ashamed of yourself...

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Women chucking plastic bottles, I despair, whatever happened to handbags ? Back in the day Mrs T could subdue the entire EU with one swing of her handbag. And don't tell me our Police have suffered swingeing cuts when they still have the manpower to investigate an incident as trivial as this.
    If it was your Grandson who was hit you would come up with this answer, I'm glad you think a child being hit with anything is trivial, I've watched Burnley for almost 50 years and never ever heard anyone dismiss an attack on a child in this way you should be ashamed of yourself...

Quote Originally Posted by big claret View Post
    It was meant to be satirical, but I obviously missed the target. If it had been my grandchild sitting watching the Clarets on the Turf the assailant would have been nursing a broken nose.

Quote Originally Posted by big claret View Post
    Indeed I would come up with the same response. I'm assuming it wasn't an attack on a child but he/she was accidentally hit by a plastic bottle being aimed at an adult. In which case an apology would have sufficed, or if it annoyed me enough I could have taken BT's remedy and sorted it myself, but to take this matter to the police is pathetic. In any sensible country with a sensible police force the response to the complainant would have been, 'Was it deliberately aimed at the child ?" and "Was the child harmed in anyway ?" If the answer to both questions was no, then they should have been told to stop wasting police time. But we don't live an a sensible country, we live in a lunatic asylum, where people get up in a morning and seem to spend their day searching for something to take offence at.

Of course I am, as I said, assuming the child was hit accidentally, if it was deliberately aimed at the child, then we are in different territory altogether. I am also assuming this was a plastic bottle, anyone throwing a glass bottle, I would agree, is a police matter.
    Last edited by sinkov; 20-03-2019 at 03:58 PM.

I agree with Big Claret.. Shame on both BT and Sinkov.

Welcome to the board Big Claret,I hope you haven't joined just to chastise our two most senior members..

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post

Welcome to the board Big Claret,I hope you haven't joined just to chastise our two most senior members..
    Thanks for the welcome just wanted to share this appeal

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post

Nothing wrong with a bit of chastisement Alfie, me and BT thrive on it.

BC, I'd be interested to know the details, was this incident as I'm assuming, a child hit accidentally by a plastic bottle, or was it something more sinister ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)