+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bahre desperate to stay

Bahre desperate to stay

Mike Bahre has no doubt that he wants to make his stay with Barnsley permanent.

The midfielder arrived at Oakwell in August on a season-long loan from Bundesliga side Hannover 96, linking up again with Reds head coach Daniel Stendel.

Bahre has made 34 appearances for the Tykes, scoring one goal, and the club have the option to make the transfer permanent in the summer.

The 23-year-old said: "I want to stay but I need to concentrate on our season and talk at the end of the season.

"I can't say anything yet, I want to stay but we will have to see at the end of the season.

"Our team, I feel so comfortable here, we have so much quality.

"The people are nice, I like to be here and the supporters are incredible. Even on long journeys away we have so many people supporting us."

One of the reasons for Bahre swapping Germany for England was Stendel, with the pair working together at Hannover.

"He gives me the opportunity to come here and get time on the pitch. He is an important person for me," Bahre said.

Bahre needed time to adapt to the rigours of English football.

But the German has become a key player in a Barnsley squad that are pushing for promotion back to the Championship.

The Reds are second in League One, two points above Sunderland, and Bahre is loving the challenge.

"If you get the ball you have got no time and you have got one or two men who are trying to tackle you," he added. "A big difference is also the patience, in Germany you have much more patience, you pass from side to side, but in England the matches are much quicker.

"For the supporters it is better to watch English football because you could have the feeling that German football is a bit boring.

"I have adapted, but it is a thing that you have to evolve from time to time. Of course I need to adapt more but I need to adapt it."

Tha'll need to adapt ageean if we go up. Tha'll find it a lot harder ageeanst squads better/stronger than us.

Thurrall waiting to see wot wages are on offer this summer compared to wot may be on offer elsewhere

Think he’s done ok for his first season, seems to do better coming on as a impact sub. Needs to up his goal scoring rate .

I like the lad , he does frustrate me at times but then so does Kieffer Moore .

When he's on it he seems to glide effortlessly past defenders and can see a pass .

Still far from the finished article but definitely worth signing permanently if the numbers stack up .

I can see him eventually playing in Mowatt's role more centrally as his career progresses .

He benefits our squad - Bähre has a great deal of ability & energy! He’s had poor games but is getting better - he can play in a number of positions & is an asset

He benefits our squad in the Third Division, as do many others who have flourished at this level against a large number of poor sides, poorer than I expected.
    I remain of the view that only three or four of our present squad will hack it consistently at Championship level. I say it now so as not to be accused of saying things with the benefit of hindsight next season. The thread is about Bahre wanting to be here next season. If we do go up I think Bahre, in my opinion, is one of those who will struggle when faced with stronger opposition than at present.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    He benefits our squad in the Third Division, as do many others who have flourished at this level against a large number of poor sides, poorer than I expected.
    I remain of the view that only three or four of our present squad will hack it consistently at Championship level. I say it now so as not to be accused of saying things with the benefit of hindsight next season. The thread is about Bahre wanting to be here next season. If we do go up I think Bahre, in my opinion, is one of those who will struggle when faced with stronger opposition than at present.
    The learning ground is definitely league one , there's quite a lot players can take from this level that will stand them in good stead at the higher level .

The problem exists in my opinion when players recruited from the lower leagues are expected to hit the ground running in the championship , as we know it doesn't work .

You may get away with one or two but you'll never get away with having to rebuild half the squad .

There's little doubt in my mind Pinnock will be sold in the summer no matter what league we are playing in , it's possible a suitable replacement could be found .

However if Cavare , Lindsay and Davies move on too then we are in big trouble trying to rebuild a back four within this plan at championship level .

If we aren't promoted and the above players leave its possible a rebuild of the back four could be achieved successfully .

The only thing that could prevent a poor season back at championship level and the loss of the back four is to dig in to the German market which is something Stendel should have an handle on .

I'm talking in terms of Bundesliga two which is a very good standard and spending around a million quid on defenders , something Huddersfield did to good effect with Lowe , Schindler and Heffle .

I don’t think Bahre is up to it to be fair, he frustrates me more than any other player on our books! Time and time again he picks the wrong pass, makes the wrong run, loses the ball too easily, shoots when he should pass and vica versa!
    He has had 1 or 2 good games but they are too infrequent and he will hardly play if we go up.

Tha reyt theear Animal abart the possible German factor.

Am still concerned that Hoss and the new CEO (his mate Murphy after a world wide search ?) will want to mek their mark and prove that their Spreadsheet Recruitment System is better than the football knowledge that Stendel could input and ovvarule him like Goat did wi Heckingbottom and we end up wi an unbalanced squad the coach ez to do his best with.
    Wun things fo sure, if we go up, we'll not be "going crazy" and spending millions on players wi Championship experience.

Quote Originally Posted by perkytyke View Post
    I don’t think Bahre is up to it to be fair, he frustrates me more than any other player on our books! Time and time again he picks the wrong pass, makes the wrong run, loses the ball too easily, shoots when he should pass and vica versa!
    He has had 1 or 2 good games but they are too infrequent and he will hardly play if we go up.
    Correct Perks,
    At a similar level to Thiam wi the odd good game against inferior opposition at Third Division level but lets tek the middle band of the Championship as it is today--
    Middlesboro, Villa, Preston, Derby, Bristol City, Wednesday, Forest, Hull, Birmingham, Brentford, Swansea, Stoke

A tha telling me lads like Bahre and Thiam wud tek these teeams apart.

Rochdale, Bradford, Oxford, yes but, am sorry to say it, the'd be arta the depth at that level.
    Last edited by SBRed48; 20-03-2019 at 04:40 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast