+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Will Rafa stay?

Whether he puts pen to paper or not will be a hugely defining moment for the club - not just for the obvious reason but also because we never know what is truely happening at the club but this would tell us all we need to know.

We know that, in order to stay, Rafa wants a project in place for the club to progress and we know that Ashley is going nowhere. If he signs, you can be optimistic and if not, then I fear for the worst.

If / when he leaves the wheels will fall off and the toon faithful will once again rear up and start our protests!. this air of stability and calmness will slide back into a pit of poison and despair.
    Rafa is the glue holding us together.

At this moment in time I’m just savouring the next several matches with a manager who’s worth his weight in gold.
    Thinking of him leaving is to painful to contemplate.
    Ashley needs to hand Rafa the keys to SJP and an open cheque book and let him get on with it.

For me its all about what else is on the table from elsewhere. He clearly wants to stay and live in England with his family and I cant see any bigger clubs that would want him so I think he will stay despite the obvious drawbacks of our owners.

Quote Originally Posted by tooslomofo View Post
    If / when he leaves the wheels will fall off and the toon faithful will once again rear up and start our protests!. this air of stability and calmness will slide back into a pit of poison and despair.
    Rafa is the glue holding us together.

At this moment in time I’m just savouring the next several matches with a manager who’s worth his weight in gold.
    Thinking of him leaving is to painful to contemplate.
    Ashley needs to hand Rafa the keys to SJP and an open cheque book and let him get on with it.

This just goes to prove what a short sighted so called businessman Ashley really is.

He's always looked upon us as a cash cow to siphon off funds to support his ailing needs. If the nerd had any business acumen he would sensibly and prudently invest for our success then he would be able to siphon even more off to support his love babies.

As it stands now he is killing off the only golden goose on his farm which is capable of laying the golden egs for him.
    Last edited by ex_pat_magpie; 20-03-2019 at 02:20 PM.

If Rafa stays it's only because he is a god damn ***ual tyrannosaurus.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Kirkland View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Kirkland View Post
    ooh that's a much better response than my what was gonna be poor offering of
    "it depends how well Ashley lies to him."

Think he is gone.Like Rob Lee says,Ashley wants to hurt us Geordies and make us suffer.So Rafa will not be getting what he wants.I hope I am wrong though.

Rafas talked in the Spanish press today when asked if he would go back to Valencia
    “I’ve never gone back to the same job twice....I have 10 years left in football I need a project “

In other words if I can’t build a team that stands a chance of competing and getting some silverware there’s no point in wasting any more time

To think given some proper funds Rafa could set us up for the next decade and beyond
    It’s looking unlikely he’ll stay after the way he’s been treated , such a shame

Ashley considers being relegated & then winning promotion succsess and proof of his ambition.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)