+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Will Rafa stay?

Will Rafa stay?

What's your gut feeling? The Chron are making optimistic noises and say that the club have made him an offer. But I suspect it won't be worth the paper it's written on. It's exactly the same pattern...lots of promises (lies) and he gets shafted again. I just don't see Ashley changing the way he operates because he's thick as fucking mince-he'll reckon he can just keep on lying to Rafa who will do an incredible job on a tiny budget yet again...but not this time.

I think he's off.

Thoughts?

Gut says he'll go.

They'll be positive noises right up till he says the difference between him and board is to much.

I hope i'm wrong, i really do.

He’s off with, I believe, the blessing of the fans.

Knows the Fat Man can't be trusted. And won't come up with the goods, no matter what he says. We are £100m short of a competitive team and The-One-Whose-Belly-Button-is-deeper-than-a-Thai-Cave is too busy snapping up failed high street brands to reinforce our team.

Quote Originally Posted by trinitoon View Post
    Knows the Fat Man can't be trusted. And won't come up with the goods, no matter what he says. We are £100m short of a competitive team and The-One-Whose-Belly-Button-is-deeper-than-a-Thai-Cave is too busy snapping up failed high street brands to reinforce our team.
    Eloquently put, as ever, Trini.

I would like to think Rafa is desperately clinging to the hope that good enough reasons transpire to justify him staying.

Deep in his heart he must feel that if fatty only begins to relent and give him a chance to show what he can do he would jump at staying.

He'd love to stay...everyone knows he would...but he knows he can't go through this again. For last season's Kenedy and Dubravka, read Almiron and Longstaff this time round. Let down and shat on by Ashley time and time again, it's only by his incredible skill as a manager that we haven't gone down again but why should he be forced to operate like this? It must be as frustrating as hell for him to see the potential here and what he could achieve if he was backed properly )and he wouldn't be asking the earth) but see it all go to waste.

As Hughie said, when he goes, it'll be with our gratitude and blessing.

Fool me once.........

If he stays then make sure his contract is written up to his own satisfaction which I thought it was to be the case the first time around.
    If he signs then I'd assume he's happy with the terms of that and I'd presume, so will the club.
    If he doesn't, we move on like we always have.

Rafa will leave at the end of this season, he is a manager of the highest integrity and I can’t see him working for those clowns any longer

Sad really but The Slug will probably have one of his cronies lined up to take the job now.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)