+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Brexit debate on here , lets play nice

Brexit debate on here , lets play nice

Lots of heated discussion on here and its getting a bit nasty I think . But who is right and who is wrong? Or should I say who is left and who is right. Even that is not a simple question as this is not about party politics, or at least it should not be.
    The fact is that since day one of this European collaboration or maybe lack of it, us good folk in the UK were always divided. We as a nation have never truly embraced this supposed European dream like the rest of them.
    Soon into the project there were many voices that campaigned to leave. This has never altered and has been an ever constant.
    Some people have gained from the project especially large corporations whilst others like our smaller companies have often complained about the unfairness. Accusations of mismanagement on a grand scale were also a constant. There has also been properity across most of Europe in the same time.

So in 2016 we voted and it was out we go. It was close but it was never going to be a landslide either way.

So in the end I expect there to be some short terms turbulence when we do leave and there will once again be winners and losers. The balance will shift for a while but it’s likely that will soon rebalance. There will be no apocalyptic chaos and no treasury windfall that will come cascading down to the rest of us. People and businesses will carry on and get on with it.
    So in the end some things will change, and others won’t. For example the country will still be divided on the issue. Only it will be the remainders who will be lobbying and trying to convince us the grass is greener on their side of the fence.
    In my view whichever way you voted people should respect the other persons viewpoint and move ahead. You could argue forever which is best but that’s the point they are both right and wrong and left and right.

Advice to the passionate remainders you can’t reason with a closed mind
    Advice to the passionate leavers, you can’t reason with a closed mind
    Advice to the rest , oh there aren’t any your either in or out.

This will get trashed by the usual Left Wing fanatic so I’ll keep it simple.

We voted out so we should leave even if on WTO rules which will hurt my business initially.

If we do leave the clammer by the Remain lot and especially the kids of the next 30 years makes it inevitable that one day we’ll probably beg to go back in.

The only hope of avoiding that is making a success of our independence which I’m confident we can.

What I am expecting is a p I s s poor watered down Brexit.

I voted to leave. Lost the will to ever vote again, voted for Labour since I was 18, my Labour party membership is due in the summer. Think i'll give my membership fee to the Albion foundation instead , they do more good for the local area.
    Never get some of the posts that get heated and nasty, just respect other peoples point of view.

light not heat

Quote Originally Posted by soulman101 View Post
    I voted to leave. Lost the will to ever vote again, voted for Labour since I was 18, my Labour party membership is due in the summer. Think i'll give my membership fee to the Albion foundation instead , they do more good for the local area.
    Never get some of the posts that get heated and nasty, just respect other peoples point of view.
    Have a look- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-K8bf6dbYt4

Has being in been better than not being in?
    Can anyone remember the time before we were in?*
    If we stay in there will be rules we have to abide by.
    If we come out there will be rules we have to abide by.
    The vote was out so we should, no, HAVE to come out if we are to remain a true democracy.
    It shouldn't have been dragged out like this. Very few of the sitting M.Ps should retain their jobs following this debacle.
    * The answer to this one is some things were better, some were worse.

Quote Originally Posted by wbaliquidator View Post
    Lots of heated discussion on here and its getting a bit nasty I think . But who is right and who is wrong? Or should I say who is left and who is right. Even that is not a simple question as this is not about party politics, or at least it should not be.
    The fact is that since day one of this European collaboration or maybe lack of it, us good folk in the UK were always divided. We as a nation have never truly embraced this supposed European dream like the rest of them.
    Soon into the project there were many voices that campaigned to leave. This has never altered and has been an ever constant.
    Some people have gained from the project especially large corporations whilst others like our smaller companies have often complained about the unfairness. Accusations of mismanagement on a grand scale were also a constant. There has also been properity across most of Europe in the same time.

So in 2016 we voted and it was out we go. It was close but it was never going to be a landslide either way.

So in the end I expect there to be some short terms turbulence when we do leave and there will once again be winners and losers. The balance will shift for a while but it’s likely that will soon rebalance. There will be no apocalyptic chaos and no treasury windfall that will come cascading down to the rest of us. People and businesses will carry on and get on with it.
    So in the end some things will change, and others won’t. For example the country will still be divided on the issue. Only it will be the remainders who will be lobbying and trying to convince us the grass is greener on their side of the fence.
    In my view whichever way you voted people should respect the other persons viewpoint and move ahead. You could argue forever which is best but that’s the point they are both right and wrong and left and right.

Advice to the passionate remainders you can’t reason with a closed mind
    Advice to the passionate leavers, you can’t reason with a closed mind
    Advice to the rest , oh there aren’t any your either in or out.
    Good post.

Ultimately we all want the same thing, which is for a safer and more prosperous country. We just think its better to achieve in different ways.

I just try and understand the sense behind some of the opinions, Mick is a prime example, saying he understands leaving will hurt his business but wants to anyway. That for me seems completely illogical.

There is also one poster on here who regardless of the Brexit debate, I think we would have clashed because he is a complete idiot. Chances are I'm not alone in thinking that.

Myself and the majority of this country voted to leave, full stop. Not leave providing certain conditions are met etc. If we are to remain a democratic country then this is what must happen.

Brexit analogy: We’ve all been on a night out with a mate who says: It’s SH** in here, let’s go somewhere else.
    Then when you leave you realize he has no idea where to go and the place you left won’t let you back in. The UK is standing in a kebab shop at 2am arguing about who’s fault it is.

Quote Originally Posted by WBA123 View Post
    Good post.

Ultimately we all want the same thing, which is for a safer and more prosperous country. We just think its better to achieve in different ways.

I just try and understand the sense behind some of the opinions, Mick is a prime example, saying he understands leaving will hurt his business but wants to anyway. That for me seems completely illogical.

There is also one poster on here who regardless of the Brexit debate, I think we would have clashed because he is a complete idiot. Chances are I'm not alone in thinking that.
    No you are not alone - many on here think your opinions on remain are arrogant and aggressive. You fail to understand why anyone voted to leave and shoot them down in flames. Unlike you, Mick has some good points but you have pissed him off with your arrogance. Only a W anker would come out with a statement to reconfirm all 17 million who voted leave were misled! Considering you confirm you don’t know much about Brexit - you bore most people stupid with your boring rants.

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    No you are not alone - many on here think your opinions on remain are arrogant and aggressive. You fail to understand why anyone voted to leave and shoot them down in flames. Unlike you, Mick has some good points but you have pissed him off with your arrogance. Only a W anker would come out with a statement to reconfirm all 17 million who voted leave were misled! Considering you confirm you don’t know much about Brexit - you bore most people stupid with your boring rants.
    Jeez.. another “as Mick said” response from baggieal

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)