+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: It doesn’t matter how ugly it was!

Hard fought victory against a dirty County. Whole team worked hard , the commitment was there. Was very surprised to see the set up and team, especially no Harkes, but we got the result.

McMullan was excellent last night, deserved motm. Jamie Robson will be bruised and battered today, worked hard and after the ump****th wipeout from the dirty bstrds just got up and got on with it. Big change in this young lad under Robbie. Butcher also played very well. Also a mention for Connolly who got stuck in and very vocal with his encouragement. Hopefully just a minor niggle he went off injured with.

Good effort from the whole team and the Arabs . Onwards and let’s see what happens here.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    I also thought that was a strange one, especially to replace him with Stanton who gave the ball away all night (the one near the end when he had a simple pass out wide, aaaaaaarrrrrrgggggfhhhhhh). I don't think he was injured, he spent the whole night warming up in front of the ET.
    I really dont understand some of the comments i have seen regarding this player should have done this, that player didnt do that and why wasnt he on. Team after team we go up against batter us in our weakest point which is usually the left side. 3 players in Booth, Robson and Stanton were instrumental in stopping that.

You probably didnt see the number of times Stanton dug the ball out from 2 or 3 players around him usually while kicking him, the couple of times he was crunched and got up again, and the times his pass did find a player.

Your reply is to Harkes not being on, a player who has a great future ahead of him, but he does not yet have it in his game to withstand the physical abuse that Robson and Stanton were served last night!

I never said Stanton did nothing right I just think Harkes is a far better player.

No football on show last night but points at this time is all that matters, Robson motm for me, ran his heart out like mcmullen all night.
    We should win on Saturday and crank the pressure up, but this is United.....

Ross county would have taken a draw before a ball had been kicked. This game always had the makings of a scrappy nil nil draw. The early goal was exactly what we needed, if it had gone the other way, they would have shut up shop. 3pts on the board is all that matters. We still won't get automatic promotion but we need to get some momentum going for the play offs. It might not have been bonnie but it worked. We can't get ahead of ourselves as even the teams at the bottom are scrapping for every point, there will be points dropped by all the teams at the too end of the table between now and the end of the season...unfortunately, I think we will be the ones to drop the most but we live in hope!

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    I really dont understand some of the comments i have seen regarding this player should have done this, that player didnt do that and why wasnt he on. Team after team we go up against batter us in our weakest point which is usually the left side. 3 players in Booth, Robson and Stanton were instrumental in stopping that.

You probably didnt see the number of times Stanton dug the ball out from 2 or 3 players around him usually while kicking him, the couple of times he was crunched and got up again, and the times his pass did find a player.

Your reply is to Harkes not being on, a player who has a great future ahead of him, but he does not yet have it in his game to withstand the physical abuse that Robson and Stanton were served last night!
    Stanton came on against Partick away in the last 20 minutes or so and changed the game offensively for us so probably deserved his start but last night he was hopeless going forward. He put in a couple of good tackles in the 2nd half but that's not enough, we need more from him.

Mcmullan was good last night, knocked his pan in, it's much better central, however as much as his workrate was excellent, his end product is terrible

As I said last night I didn’t find it that ugly. I was more focussed on Winning the match perhaps but thought united did really well.

Commitment and winning mentality is what we want to see.

In the run in I think we will need to start getting 2 goal cushions sometimes. These narrow leads can be easy lost and that is where we’ve dropped points. V Alloa we need to not just be hanging on

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    Mcmullan was good last night, knocked his pan in, it's much better central, however as much as his workrate was excellent, his end product is terrible
    Yeah, totally agree.

That was Mcmullans best game for me in a Utd shirt
    He ran himself into the ground
    Would like to see him work on his end product though
    If he improved on that he could be a ***** player for us in the run in
    Last edited by chiefers; 20-03-2019 at 04:08 PM. Reason: Spelling

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)