+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: It doesn’t matter how ugly it was!

The main 'plus' from tuesday is that nobody hid and everyone put in a shift. Yes there was a lot od disjointed play, a lot of misplaced passes, but the essential that I want in any team is commitment. King, Aird, Nesbitt simply didn't put that commitment in.

Harsh to put Nesbit in the same category as Aird and King? we've hardly seen him? I know thats not a great sign in itself but he's came on a few times and put in a good shift so to be put in the same group as the other two is harsh.

Quote Originally Posted by darrenshedtastic View Post
    Harsh to put Nesbit in the same category as Aird and King? we've hardly seen him? I know thats not a great sign in itself but he's came on a few times and put in a good shift so to be put in the same group as the other two is harsh.
    Agreed. Think he looks a good player actually. Hasn't had much of a chance. He's a stand out in the reserves

I agree, I've not seen enough of him to form an opinion yet. They said, any time he has come on he always put a shift in.

He has came in 2-3 times and either set up a winner or won a pen, surprised he hasn't had more game time so far

I think my team for Saturday I’d fancy nesbitt in there.

Let’s see what he can do

agreed

Sadly I no longer get to see the reserves and maybe thats his current level (even if temporary), I see only whats shown on the zone.

In my opinion he is quite the 'fancy dan' and flatters to deceive with little actual product.

He often beats, repeats and ultrarebeats players, and has to come back on himself having missed the opportunity to provide. Yes he appears to put in a shift, but theres a difference to that and simply running and not making the tackle, he seems too fragile for my liking.

I hope some time in a gym, mental conditioning and simple tough work will bring out the beast in him. We all know that him and many other players have it in them, but its the will to bring it out that makes the difference. On tuesday more players started to show it.

Pawlett injured, Nesbitt in.

Quote Originally Posted by geofoxposse View Post
    Sadly I no longer get to see the reserves and maybe thats his current level (even if temporary), I see only whats shown on the zone.

In my opinion he is quite the 'fancy dan' and flatters to deceive with little actual product.

He often beats, repeats and ultrarebeats players, and has to come back on himself having missed the opportunity to provide. Yes he appears to put in a shift, but theres a difference to that and simply running and not making the tackle, he seems too fragile for my liking.

I hope some time in a gym, mental conditioning and simple tough work will bring out the beast in him. We all know that him and many other players have it in them, but its the will to bring it out that makes the difference. On tuesday more players started to show it.
    Nesbitt? I disagree he has scored, set up goals, won penalties BUT only for 20 or so mins. What is clear he seems an impact player for a short time and prob does need time in gym to become a 90 min player

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)