+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: It doesn’t matter how ugly it was!

3 points we can win without dictating or winning possession thats a great positive.

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    Only accurate thing about that graphic is the keeper and back 4! McMullan was the man up top most of the time with Clark behind him in what looked like he usual 4-2-3-1.

It was a WTF moment when i tried to listen to the team being read out. Lost all thoughts of the line up when the 2 left backs were announced and missed Watson being named. I really did think that RN had lost his feckin mind with that line up, but how wrong was i?

Where has that fight been all season? We didnt match their dirty tricks, but by heck did we fight to keep at them. But yet again, we had several chances that should have see us reverse the 5-1 game and Clark and Robson especially should have had us comfy in the end!

Benji, some great saves, but i have to see the fumble again as i thought i saw a foot knock the ball out his hands.
    Watson, had his hands full with Gardyne but didnt give up.
    Connolly, mostly solid, loud and now injured. Hope its just a knock but Bouhenna will be good enough for the weekend.
    Reynolds, thought he had a few shaky moments but handled the two dumplins!
    Booth, solid but not the best ive seen him. Think he benefited from Robson in front of him.
    Pawlett, puts in a shift but think he took his injury earlier than i for one realized.
    Butcher, Cool, Calm, Collected, but maybe should have been booked for his trying to rile up the opposition! Was cute though the way he breenged in angry and instantly walked away again!
    Stanton, Quite a bit seemed to go through him and i think he was equally at the centre of the very good and very bad tonight.
    Robson, I think it was a couple of seasons ago where i was involved with some others about trying Robson that wee bit further forward. Did have the look of someone who was out of position, but there were some great tackles, some battles won and should have bloody scored! Why did we buy Nesbitt?
    Clark, Lots of running and link up play and a couple of good passes for McMullan to run onto.
    McMullan, Ran, n Ran, n Ran, n Ran........ Should have scored as well now that i think of it, but their defenders couldnt handle him.

Smith for Pawlett, i thought we lost a bit of an edge and an outlet with Pawletts injury. Another who should have scored.

Same but different on Saturday please!
    Might have been me chick ref Robson. A couple of years ago i was posting quite a bit that i wanted to see him left mid, in front of a full back. Gives us real strength on the left and an attacking threat when he can go forward.
    Not many agreed at the time but it seems it worked well tonight.

One of the guys on Arabzone, the one that sighs and tuts a lot, was saying that he thought it was the best all round performance he'd seen in a wee while, based on competing for 90 minutes and nullifying their threat while holding onto the lead.

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    Might have been me chick ref Robson. A couple of years ago i was posting quite a bit that i wanted to see him left mid, in front of a full back. Gives us real strength on the left and an attacking threat when he can go forward.
    I think there was a few who agreed with you and yes it did work, but could have been better.

Was a bit like the Sarri tactic at Chelsea with Robson. Having someone who can tackle further forward.

The pressure on the ball started with Mcmullan and was all through the team.

Thought Smith linked well when he came on. Defence solid. Clark seems to have adjusted well to No 10 position

If we hadn’t won then chance of title had obviously gone. It’s still a long shot. One match at a time and let’s see how close we can get!

One of the guys on Arabzone, the one that sighs and tuts a lot, was saying that he thought it was the best all round performance he'd seen in a wee while, based on competing for 90 minutes and nullifying their threat while holding onto the lead.
    I will agree with that. I have previously said on here that i would be happy with win, loose or draw as long as i saw some fight. There was fight everywhere in the team and the win was the bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by LSArab View Post
    Was a bit like the Sarri tactic at Chelsea with Robson. Having someone who can tackle further forward.

The pressure on the ball started with Mcmullan and was all through the team.

Thought Smith linked well when he came on. Defence solid. Clark seems to have adjusted well to No 10 position

If we hadn’t won then chance of title had obviously gone. It’s still a long shot. One match at a time and let’s see how close we can get!
    Normally what happens next is we draw Saturday!!

Surely not

Great 3 points but still confused at why Robson got the whole 90 mins? Confused as to why Smith didnt start behind Clark too?

Normally what happens next is we draw Saturday!!

Surely not
    Goodwin and Alloa always pose a threat. United need to be at it again for the 90 mins

Keeper had some excellent saves but spilled far too many balls

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)