+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: It doesn’t matter how ugly it was!

The big question for me is, can we put in the same work on Saturday against Alloa? If we do we win, fingers crossed.

Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    Great 3 points but still confused at why Robson got the whole 90 mins? Confused as to why Smith didnt start behind Clark too?
    I dont think that was the plan, but Pawlett injured wasnt to plan either. But i thought Robson player quite well and did his job.

It all goes down to the plan that worked in that McMullan is faster and looks fitter that Smith and again, did his job.

I must have been at a different game than a good few on here tonight. Don't get me wrong I'm delighted with the win and fighting spirit as well as McMullan's work rate but that's where it ends.

That was a brutal spectacle from the top 2 teams in this league and it truly epitomised how poor the championship is.

This showing though is maybe the level we are at at the moment and County will feel hard done by not going back up north with a point.

Let's be honest though - our attack is littered with misplaced passes, limited options when we are in possession, no movement, no fluency and a lack of pace(apart from when we were trying to get McMullan to run channels and in behind their defence).

Winning ugly is still winning though....... I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    The big question for me is, can we put in the same work on Saturday against Alloa? If we do we win, fingers crossed.
    Fingers crossed, but cant help but think is the usual reaction to a game we need to win!

Quote Originally Posted by Whitfieldarab View Post
    I must have been at a different game than a good few on here tonight. Don't get me wrong I'm delighted with the win and fighting spirit as well as McMullan's work rate but that's where it ends.

That was a brutal spectacle from the top 2 teams in this league and it truly epitomised how poor the championship is.

This showing though is maybe the level we are at at the moment and County will feel hard done by not going back up north with a point.

Let's be honest though - our attack is littered with misplaced passes, limited options when we are in possession, no movement, no fluency and a lack of pace(apart from when we were trying to get McMullan to run channels and in behind their defence).

This is where i am too!

How many times have we capitulated to the bully boy tactics that other teams usually inflict upon us?

This is the level we are at and it has been brutal and i dont think anyone is ignoring that. For me, we battled against them and won, for that i am happy!

We did create chances when things came off and should have scored as per usual.

People would have moaned of we didn't win, I'd take that every game we are in this division

I make that 4 wins in a row at home in the league with 3 clean sheets, in fact 5 wins and a draw at home in the league since the thumping from Ayr

Hopefully continue you that in the next could Saturdays vs Alloa and Queens, a difficult away game at Dunfermline in between those

County had scored 2 goals or more in each of their last ten games before tonight

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    People would have moaned of we didn't win, I'd take that every game we are in this division

I make that 4 wins in a row at home in the league with 3 clean sheets, in fact 5 wins and a draw at home in the league since the thumping from Ayr

Hopefully continue you that in the next could Saturdays vs Alloa and Queens, a difficult away game at Dunfermline in between those
    Said to my mates during the game that I didn't mind grinding it out as long as we won but we could easily have lost that game playing in that manner then this place would've been in meltdown.

IMO County deserved something out the game but happy they got fk all. Our play going forward is concerning though, the only person I think should have a nailed on place in the midfield is Harkes and he was benched?? was he injured?

...the only person I think should have a nailed on place in the midfield is Harkes and he was benched?? was he injured?
    I also thought that was a strange one, especially to replace him with Stanton who gave the ball away all night (the one near the end when he had a simple pass out wide, aaaaaaarrrrrrgggggfhhhhhh). I don't think he was injured, he spent the whole night warming up in front of the ET.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)