+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: It doesn’t matter how ugly it was!

Quote Originally Posted by Whitfieldarab View Post
    Wow.

I take it you played at a serious level of football to know exactly what job Robbie wanted Stanton to do last night.

There were over 4000 fans at the game that's clearly witnessed Stanton having another stinker but you keep on imagining what Robbie sent him on the park to do if it makes you feel better ��
    I never played at any level, but i seen the good work that Stanton did do the other night. I aint no genius either and realize he did plenty of the dirty work asked of him and took a battering doing it!

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    I never played at any level, but i seen the good work that Stanton did do the other night. I aint no genius either and realize he did plenty of the dirty work asked of him and took a battering doing it!
    He did but, if we have any aspirations about being promoted, we need more than that. We need quality on the ball too.

thought he did ok (Stanton) but in parts. Harkes a far superior player imho but it is just my opinion

As football fans, we in general always have tendency to pick up on negative contributions. Worth thinking about the good in his game too. Stanton tries to make passes, tries to create and do less predictable things. It certainly wasn't his best game and he did give the ball away plenty and miss what was a good opportunity to spring Robson through. Battled as well as anyone though and, for me at least, would prefer he keeps trying to pass the ball rather than hoofing it long to the corners as was what the majority of our distribution was. That also gives the ball away, just in a different manner. We don't want our players afraid of making mistakes, and need to encourage them trying to do the right thing. Room for Harkes and Stanton on Saturday for me. I don't think we need Butcher on Saturday, still a valuable player and did well on Tuesday, but when we are dominating I don't think he adds too much. Certainly gives the ball away at least as often as Stanton, Pawlett, Smith, McMulllan.

on different news - Robson is clearly being managed well and is responding. He looks like he would bleed for the cause now rather than dick around like a certain now ICT defended

Butcher should be first name on the team sheet at the moment. He's added a steel we were sorely missing before his arrival. When he's in the team no one is bullying us.

very pleased with Butcher since his arrival - when he is missing we notice that

Quote Originally Posted by Shedboy1971 View Post
    very pleased with Butcher since his arrival - when he is missing we notice that
    Yeah, I'd agree with that. But I think RN needs to be at him before every game and at HT to keep the heid. We're way off being good enough to win games being down to ten men. And we need go win every game we play.

Quote Originally Posted by cybershed View Post
    Yeah, I'd agree with that. But I think RN needs to be at him before every game and at HT to keep the heid. We're way off being good enough to win games being down to ten men. And we need go win every game we play.
    Agree and isnt fhat brilliant we have someone who would take the head off someone. Makes them wary. His passing and tackling has been superb!

no one played badly on tuesday and only 2 or 3 had standout performances but there was not one player on tuesday who played poorly imo. everyone working hard and showing fight/desire to get the win! surely thats the minimum we ask of and we got it. of course id like to see how play better and show the quality we do have in the team but sometimes need to win ugly.

if people are going to be slating some of our guys for not being able to make certain passes what would you say about the county team? that back four esp the left side of it was horrific! i was not impressed with them at all! long ball/dirty tactics! i was happy we stood up to them and showed that we werent intimidated by them! and got it right up kettlewell

Still wanting better performances but wins and all we care about!

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)