+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: It doesn’t matter how ugly it was!

Quote Originally Posted by chiefers View Post
    That was Mcmullans best game for me in a Utd shirt
    He ran himself into the ground
    Would like to see him work on his end product though s
    If he improved on that he could be a ***** player for us in the run in
    It’s kind of ironic now after a lot of folk on here gave RN pelters for hanging on to McMullan

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    Mcmullan was good last night, knocked his pan in, it's much better central, however as much as his workrate was excellent, his end product is terrible
    bang on

Quote Originally Posted by USArab View Post
    It’s kind of ironic now after a lot of folk on here gave RN pelters for hanging on to McMullan
    no really, 1 decent game in 2 seasons is still no reason to retain him

POut it this way if he left today he wouldnt be missed

Quote Originally Posted by Whitfieldarab View Post
    Stanton came on against Partick away in the last 20 minutes or so and changed the game offensively for us so probably deserved his start but last night he was hopeless going forward. He put in a couple of good tackles in the 2nd half but that's not enough, we need more from him.
    I may have picked it up wrong on here, but there seems to be a few who have played football at some level, but seen as you are on here, i doubt that is at any serious level. I would therefore take it that you could accept that if a manager knows someone can do a job required in any given game that he will call upon them when required.

I think we all accept that Stanton is best utilized in a more attacking role, and if we were in a better league, im sure he could be utilized in that kind of role. But last night it looked to me that RN had a dirty job for Stanton and he carried that out as requested and was still able to pop in some passes that didnt always come off.

It has been proved beyond doubt that pretty players will not win us this league, but players who are willing to take a crunchin, get up and dust themselves down and get back to the task is whats needed! Stanton has that, but Harkes needs to learn that!

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    I may have picked it up wrong on here, but there seems to be a few who have played football at some level, but seen as you are on here, i doubt that is at any serious level. I would therefore take it that you could accept that if a manager knows someone can do a job required in any given game that he will call upon them when required.

I think we all accept that Stanton is best utilized in a more attacking role, and if we were in a better league, im sure he could be utilized in that kind of role. But last night it looked to me that RN had a dirty job for Stanton and he carried that out as requested and was still able to pop in some passes that didnt always come off.

It has been proved beyond doubt that pretty players will not win us this league, but players who are willing to take a crunchin, get up and dust themselves down and get back to the task is whats needed! Stanton has that, but Harkes needs to learn that!
    Spot on

So you're saying Stanton is 'tougher' than Harkes based on last nights performance?

Sorry but would never associate Stanton as that type of player, never. That's the reason we brought in butcher was it not? Allow the other midfielders to create?

If we are needing a midfielder that gives the ball away most the time then, yes, Stanton is our man.

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post

Wow.

I take it you played at a serious level of football to know exactly what job Robbie wanted Stanton to do last night.

There were over 4000 fans at the game that's clearly witnessed Stanton having another stinker but you keep on imagining what Robbie sent him on the park to do if it makes you feel better ��

Had Stanton picked that glaring pass from right to left on about 80 mins there would be a different line about him on here.
    The reaction from those around in the Dode Upper when he failed to put Clark(?) thro was seismic, some fans exploded I'm sure.
    My great truism in football is that you're only as good as your last game.
    For poor old Sam you're only as good as your last pass.

Putting it on that one pass is nonsense. The reason folk were so upset is it was an easy pass and he'd already given the ball away unnecessarily quite a number is times during the match. One easy pass made wasn't going to cancel out the rest of the dross.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)