+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Manager of the Season - so far

Manager of the Season - so far

Discounting Rafa.

Which other manager do you think has done the best job over the course of the season so far.

I think for me it has to be Javi Gracia at Watford. They haven't spend a massive fortune and they haven't got an amazingly big names, nor have they played brilliant football over hte whole season yet they are still in top half with a shout for Europe and in FA cup Semi-final.

Secondly and i think he'll take top spot if they pull it off - Neil Warnock, don't particularly like the bloke but Cardiff should be dead and buried but he still has them fighting with a chance of survival.

Both good shouts, Jammy but it's Nuno Espirito Santo for me. Has Wolves playing fantastic, fearless football. Love his passion, too.

I don't think you can look much further than Nuno Espirito Santo, overall.

I'd probably give a few special shouts for Jurgen Klopp and Pep.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    Both good shouts, Jammy but it's Nuno Espirito Santo for me. Has Wolves playing fantastic, fearless football. Love his passion, too.
    Have to agree with this one as well as Klopp and surprisingly unheralded Warnock.

I discounted Santo myself because he's spent so much and had that super agent able to funnel half the portuguese national side to them but i do get why he has done well.

But not enough for me for the season

Warnock for me. Given their fixtures itll be very tough to stay up but the fact he has them where they are at this point of the season is an incredible effort.

This question came up a few weeks ago... I said warnock...

I dont get it with this wolves guy.... he plays the same style as Rafa with a much much bigger budget.

We have the 17th highest budget...

Only Cardiff, huddersfield and Burnley have a lower wage bill...

Adrian Durham and Darren gough on talkshoite were (2 weeks ago) lauding Rafa as THE best manager in the premier league based on the tools he had to work with.

Durham even apologised for doubting Rafa earlier in the season saying his management skills are phenomenal....

So... after Rafa?

Neil warnock.

As much as i dislike the bloke it has to be Warnock for me, To even have them with a chance of staying up at this point in the season he's done a good job.

Not sure how you can have a manager of the year with a team 3rd bottom, no matter what.

Quote Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
    Not sure how you can have a manager of the year with a team 3rd bottom, no matter what.
    Because as in Rafa's case it is what he has been able to do with the lack of quality and class at his disposal.

To put it simply if you have Citeh's money or Chelski's money to spend then an average manager could look successful, but consider where Cardiff were and the squad Warnock had at his disposal and we are talking about the improvement he has achieved since then.

I'm surprised Blunderland haven't been licking his boots.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)