+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: away at Warsaw!

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    We carnt be gerrininto a "happy with a point" mentality Acido, especially at a teeam just above relegation zone.
    Im not happy with single points either SB and I'll be disappointed if we don't win this one. They started well at Sunderland though, so lets be careful.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Im not happy with single points either SB and I'll be disappointed if we don't win this one. They started well at Sunderland though, so lets be careful.
    Duz tha think Jooa iz deead Acido or iz Graham pillakin Cain ?

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    Duz tha think Jooa iz deead Acido or iz Graham pillakin Cain ?
    Soz SB kid, I didnt understand a flippin' word of that yet again. English subtitles please, anybody ?.

And do we remember this game back in season '14-15, when we took the lead there. But we ended up conceding twice in the next 5 minutes, and it was an eventual 1-3 loss.

Last edited by Acido; 21-03-2019 at 12:28 AM.

I don't like focussing on negatives before a big game Acido. However, since it's on sky at least you'll be able to see this one

Easter saturday 1981 it was , away to Walsall at the old Fellows Park ground .

We were holding our place in the automatic promotion places but it was tight between us , Huddersfield , Chesterfield , Charlton and Rorherham for the three spots , only a couple of points separated us .

I seem to remember easter was late that year and there were only about 4 games left .

I remember too it was a red hot day and so wary of dehydrating we took plenty of fluids on the kexborough bus down to the midlands .

We got there quite late due to the bank holiday traffic and the weather , managed to get inside the ground 10 minutes before KO .

The away end was packed out , 4k easily and absolutely no room at all to see the game .

There was a brick wall which ran behind the terraces and we climbed up on that and got a perfect view .

We drew the game 1-1 which wasn't good because Walsall were in the bottom 4 .

After the game we were booked in to a massive WMC in Lichfield , absolutely huge this place was .

At first it was a bit edgy with the locals , some of the local Villa fans were a bit hostile , taking over the concert room didn't go down too well .

Once it was established that we all wanted Villa to win the league , which they did , it calmed down .

Once the ale started going down and the disco fired up it was perfectly fine .

We even got an invite back anytime we wanted which most definitely didn't happen too much with Kexborough supporters .

I think filling a collection box with a load of cash for a local young lass who was very ill helped enormously .

Feck knows how I remember this shyte from all those years ago because I can't remember what I did last week now .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Easter saturday 1981 it was , away to Walsall at the old Fellows Park ground .

We were holding our place in the automatic promotion places but it was tight between us , Huddersfield , Chesterfield , Charlton and Rorherham for the three spots , only a couple of points separated us .

I seem to remember easter was late that year and there were only about 4 games left .

I remember too it was a red hot day and so wary of dehydrating we took plenty of fluids on the kexborough bus down to the midlands .

We got there quite late due to the bank holiday traffic and the weather , managed to get inside the ground 10 minutes before KO .

The away end was packed out , 4k easily and absolutely no room at all to see the game .

There was a brick wall which ran behind the terraces and we climbed up on that and got a perfect view .

We drew the game 1-1 which wasn't good because Walsall were in the bottom 4 .

After the game we were booked in to a massive WMC in Lichfield , absolutely huge this place was .

At first it was a bit edgy with the locals , some of the local Villa fans were a bit hostile , taking over the concert room didn't go down too well .

Once it was established that we all wanted Villa to win the league , which they did , it calmed down .

Once the ale started going down and the disco fired up it was perfectly fine .

We even got an invite back anytime we wanted which most definitely didn't happen too much with Kexborough supporters .

I think filling a collection box with a load of cash for a local young lass who was very ill helped enormously .

Feck knows how I remember this shyte from all those years ago because I can't remember what I did last week now .

Like.
    Tha remembers mate cos it were memorable, last week probably wasn't. A miss them awaydays weer tha dint evva care int world barring BFC

Quote Originally Posted by Ponte_Steve24 View Post
    I don't like focussing on negatives before a big game Acido. However, since it's on sky at least you'll be able to see this one
    Ho ho ho, the old ones are the best ones eh Ponty kid.

Animal, I seem to remember them doubling us in the Lg cup in season '83-84, and we only played them twice more in the 80s didnt we, in season '88-89. And we easily won away at the old Fellows Park on the final day of that season, when sadly we'd just missed out on a play off place.

(and if there ever was an under rated season for us, where we sneaked under the radar, and almost snatched a play off place.. season '88-89 is definitely the one)

Ho ho ho, the old ones are the best ones eh Ponty kid.

Animal, I seem to remember them doubling us in the Lg cup in season '83-84, and we only played them twice more in the 80s didnt we, in season '88-89. And we easily won away at the old Fellows Park on the final day of that season, when sadly we'd just missed out on a play off place.

(and if there ever was an under rated season for us, where we sneaked under the radar, and almost snatched a play off place.. season '88-89 is definitely the one)
    I went to the 3-1 game in 1989 , last game of the season but we were already out of getting a play off place , went just because it was the last game and we'd had a decent season .

The last time I went to Walsall was under Bassett in 2000 , it was late on in the season and we were going for automatic promotion and won 4-1 , I think Sheron got a couple so Walsall were clearly shyte that day .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    I went to the 3-1 game in 1989 , last game of the season but we were already out of getting a play off place , went just because it was the last game and we'd had a decent season .
    The last time I went to Walsall was under Bassett in 2000 , it was late on in the season and we were going for automatic promotion and won 4-1 , I think Sheron got a couple so Walsall were clearly shyte that day .
    Hey Animal, didnt their keeper get sent off on the day, and we did of course come from behind to win the match 1-4.

Hey Animal, didnt their keeper get sent off on the day, and we did of course come from behind to win the match 1-4.
    He certainly did and we were struggling before he got his marching orders , handed us the game on a plate .

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast