+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: away at Warsaw!

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    He certainly did and we were struggling before he got his marching orders , handed us the game on a plate .

Absolutely right, I was at that game and the sending off handed us the game that day as you say. In a promotion run in there's never an easy game, i dont expect sides near the relegation zone will just roll over. However, we are a hard working team and the attitude we've shown all season makes me think that we'll be fine. Sometimes under Bassett we got too sloppy and let other teams get at us, in the end it cost us automatic promotion that season. Shame cos when we beat Man City at Oakwell we had all the momentum to grab that second oil.

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    I went to the 3-1 game in 1989 , last game of the season but we were already out of getting a play off place , went just because it was the last game and we'd had a decent season...
    Yes I know we just missed out as Swindon were 4 points ahead of us with that 1 game left. But we made a good late suge towards the top 6 that season ahead of the more fancied teams like Leeds, West Brom, & Ipswich, and like I say it was under the radar as nobody talked about us. David Currie managed 20 goals as well (16 lg & 4 cup), when was the last time a striker did that for us in a season.
    And what did we do, we sold him for a pittance to Notts Florist the following season and he played about 20 minutes for them before realising hed made a mistake in leaving us!.

2015/16 Winnall ? 21 in the League 3 in cups! Oh how short the memory lasts......

---and Kieffer Moore was well on course for 20+ this season.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123