+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Shirt for Saturday vs Exeter

Quote Originally Posted by irishpete View Post
    Pity it isn't a replica of the actual shirt we wore that day,but the way things are at the minute
    Shirts, maybe but definitely not the shorts! (Check out Bramley, far left)

Interestingly, back then our neighbours over the river were always referred to as Notts Forest.

Name:  1894 Cup Final.jpg
Views: 1045
Size:  87.6 KB

Bramleys the man!! Thats the look...great photo, my sister got me the old 1908/9 and I think the first Notts team shot framed about 20 years ago...on the wall of my study right now.

Quote Originally Posted by 60YearsAPie View Post
    Like the new avatar, Swale. Reminds me of the border collie I had for a number of years. Great with the kids, daft as a brush.
    Cheers. That's one of the last 'action' pictures I took of her, about two weeks before she had to be put to sleep. The best friend and companion I've ever known. And she was, of course, black and white

Thank f@#k for that,I didn't notice the date on the shirt only the sponsers and I thought that it was a hint to who our new owners are

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Cheers. That's one of the last 'action' pictures I took of her, about two weeks before she had to be put to sleep. The best friend and companion I've ever known. And she was, of course, black and white
    Sorry about the loss of your best friend Swale but that is a great shirt. Hopefully the players will wear with pride on Saturday and give it everything to secure 3 points. Here is hoping that we do not benefit from any another club's demise and we somehow save our league status by our own endeavours. Think it is two out of the current bottom
    3 which will go down and, currently, I fear that we will be one of them.

I’m I the only one who keeps reading this Fred title as “Sh1t for Saturday vs Exeter”?

Did you lose her recently mate?

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    Did you lose her recently mate?
    Yes a month ago yesterday

Yes a month ago yesterday
    It's hard innit mate. When I lost my last one I stayed with him until the end and a little after. Had to wear dark glasses on the walk home from the vets.

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    It's hard innit mate. When I lost my last one I stayed with him until the end and a little after. Had to wear dark glasses on the walk home from the vets.
    Sorry to hear that Swale. Navy you are right, I don’t think anyone understands the bond you develop with your dog until you have one, it’s amazing and very special. My dog really is my best mate.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast