+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Shirt for Saturday vs Exeter

Best dog I ever had was a collie spaniel cross we got as a pup from the RSPCA. When she was 16 the family arrived home to find she was stricken with a stroke and tried to get hold of me. I was working late in Aberdeen so when I picked up the 20 odd messages it was too late and the vet had had to put her to sleep. Huge regret and, needless to say, I have been with our other dogs at the end of their lives however difficult that is.

We share your loss Swale.

I can only echoe what others have said Swale. Dogs really are man and woman’s best friend.

Many dogs are far better than some people.

For the dog they get a lifetime of friendship and so do we. In time like any loss things improve and a healing process takes place and you can look back on all those years of fun and companionship with fond memories and raise a smile.

I had an English springer spaniel. He was crazy as they are, and he lived until 14 1/2 years. His back legs were going and he struggled to walk, and one Saturday night (Notts we’re away to Southampton so we stayed over the weekend) we got a call to say he was yelping all night which he never did. Took him to the vets who said he knew what he would do if it was his dog. We knew our dog was telling us he’d had enough. So the vet came round to the house on the Monday and put him to sleep. As others have said it’s a tough call to make as you feel like you are playing god.

It’s a big loss and it takes time, but hasn’t put me off having dogs. Once you get the love for them that never dies. I would have another tomorrow and others do and have.

Anyone who’s had a dog/s will understand so we know where you are coming from.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234