+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why all the criticism of Rodak....?

Why all the criticism of Rodak....?

Can't believe what I am reading on this site about Rodak.....anyone would think he was having a nightmare game week in and week out.

He is one of the best 3 Millers goalkeepers of all time....a fabulous prospect and he loves the Millers.

Give the lad a break.

As for criss of confidence and him "flapping' at crosses etc, has anyone noticed that is has been a bit windy of late and keepers up and down the country are struggling with the conditions?

His mistakes, like all goal keepers are costly IBS and the passion from some supporters is overwhelming at times. So overwhelming that you can not argue with who wrote it because of the lack of logic within the original posts. I don't think on here is as bad as on other platforms though.

Rodak has been one big reason why we are still in the mix for retaining our Championship status. The saves he makes sometimes is amazing and deserves credit for them when they are made however when he makes a mistakes he should be called out for them.

It is a petty he's not our keeper on a perminent basis.

I dont think anyone is criticising him at matches IBS and it has been quite balanced on here. I think he is excellent at shot stopping but poor at collecting "simple" crosses.

The other thing i have noticed is him and Woody dont seem to work the communication is gash and has cost us a couple of recent goals
    Last edited by gm_gm; 20-03-2019 at 07:32 AM.

He’s the most popular Slovakian in Rotherham.

Quote Originally Posted by gm_gm View Post
    I dont think anyone is criticising him at matches IBS and it has been quite balanced on here. I think he is excellent at shot stopping but poor at collecting "simple" crosses.

The other thing i have noticed is him and Woody dont seem to work the communication is gash and has cost us a couple of recent goals
    Do you think that he's intimedated by Wood? I observed the same thing. Must be the great minds thing working again.

Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post
    Do you think that he's intimedated by Wood? I observed the same thing. Must be the great minds thing working again.
    Indeed Frog. Not sure if its Woodys "old school" style that the keeper comes and collects and sweeps, but Rodak doesnt seems to be comfortable moving more than 2 or 3 feet of his line. Not sure if hes intimidated by Woody as he seems to be the same with other defenders, the difference is they seem to know he wont move off his line and try to take other preventative measures

I called it a crisis of confidence he's going through IBS but every player in every position go through these stages, although I think it's more predominant with keepers and strikers.
    To balance it I did say he was still a great shot stopper which he is, and he'll come through this and go on to be a top keeper. UTM

The answers are on the thread already up.

Why make another one and make out we are having a go at him

Rodak is still learning. An excellent young prospect with a great future, but not quite the finished article. If he was he'd be getting a regular first team spot in the Premiership, we're reaping the benefit of his abilities by giving him the game time he needs to develop.

We all talk about those frustrating games this season where we failed to kill off a team we'd outplayed (Bolton at home) or we conceded late goals (Wednesday at home). We say if we'd have just upped our game a fraction or had more of a striker threat we'd have won these games, have 12 more points and be comfortable. But we could easily scrub off 12 points or even more if not for some of Rodak's fantastic shot stopping.

If we get relegated this season Rodak will be very far down the list of reason's why.

He's an outstanding young keeper and we've been privileged to have had his services for two seasons. I say this after initially being highly sceptical when he first joined.

He has improved massively in his time here although I still wish he would catch the ball more. He is still flapping and panicking when the ball is around head height in his six yard area and usually opts to punch it away.

I'd like him to be our keeper for the foreseeable, but I'd guess he will be out of our price range in all aspects.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast