+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Accounts out soon

Quote Originally Posted by StensonRam View Post
    To be fair though he hasn't said the club is for sale only that he's open to outside investment...........or is that that same?
    Thought he’s said he’d sell for a quid providing his debts were fulfilled.

[QUOTE=ramAnag;39177035]You’re explanation above is one of the reasons why experts have, wrongly in my opinion, been damned and why the Brexit decision should never have been put to ‘the people’, Parky.
    You obviously know what you’re talking about with regard to the financial complexities of running a football club but most don’t understand much of what you say...Adi is clearly bored and I’m with Stenson and mista...none of us are daft but I for one will admit that your explanation is way above our heads.
    So...in layman’s terms...as far as DCFC’s future is concerned...are we in the sh1t for the foreseeable or is there a way out?[/QUOx

RA your right it goes over my head that's why I pay accountants Not sure you need to spend shedloads to get up Brighton Bournemouth Huddersfield Burnley Fulham etc got without spending loads What you need is good scouting ,manager and everybody pulling together I see we've got Huddleston for another year that tells us we won't be spending much

And luck, luck and more luck.

But if we are losing a shed load of money every year whilst having a bigger match day crowd, more TV appearances and a better potential merchandise market than those clubs as well as a mortgage free modern stadium, what are those other teams doing right that we aren't?

The answer I guess is plain - a chaotic approach to hiring and firing, wages and contracts.

Adi, there's a job for you somewhere!

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post

Sorry if you're bored by this Adi, try checking the gender pay gap between Lampard and the tea lady instead ��
    That's exactly what the gender pay report does.... and I'm just pulling yer leg, genuinely appreciate the insight and find it concerning, although not surprising.

[QUOTE=mistaram;39177203]
    Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    You’re explanation above is one of the reasons why experts have, wrongly in my opinion, been damned and why the Brexit decision should never have been put to ‘the people’, Parky.
    You obviously know what you’re talking about with regard to the financial complexities of running a football club but most don’t understand much of what you say...Adi is clearly bored and I’m with Stenson and mista...none of us are daft but I for one will admit that your explanation is way above our heads.
    So...in layman’s terms...as far as DCFC’s future is concerned...are we in the sh1t for the foreseeable or is there a way out?[/QUOx

RA your right it goes over my head that's why I pay accountants Not sure you need to spend shedloads to get up Brighton Bournemouth Huddersfield Burnley Fulham etc got without spending loads What you need is good scouting ,manager and everybody pulling together I see we've got Huddleston for another year that tells us we won't be spending much
    Sorry Mista, Brighton, Bournemouth and Huddersfield all lost more money in their promotion seasons than Derby have lost in any one season, and on a smaller turnover.

When Fulham's accounts are released for last season, I suspect they'll follow suit.

I'm sick of hearing how these 'little' clubs beat the bigger clubs like us. It's simple, they cheated and the gamble paid off.

[QUOTE=Ram59;39181288]
    Quote Originally Posted by mistaram View Post

Sorry Mista, Brighton, Bournemouth and Huddersfield all lost more money in their promotion seasons than Derby have lost in any one season, and on a smaller turnover.

When Fulham's accounts are released for last season, I suspect they'll follow suit.

I'm sick of hearing how these 'little' clubs beat the bigger clubs like us. It's simple, they cheated and the gamble paid off.
    Ram you may be right but can you tell me what players they bought that would cost more than we've spent Because I'm struggling to see it or maybe large wage bill

[QUOTE=Ram59;39181288]

I'm sick of hearing how these 'little' clubs beat the bigger clubs like us. It's simple, t
    hey cheated and the gamble paid off.
    Well Norwich and Sheff U look like going up and theve not spent

[QUOTE=mistaram;39181319]
    Quote Originally Posted by Ram59 View Post
    Ram you may be right but can you tell me what players they bought that would cost more than we've spent Because I'm struggling to see it or maybe large wage bill
    I don't know the full details but Brighton lost £39m in their promotion season after loading £25m the previous season. Huddersfield lost £20m in their promotion season and Bournemouth had a wage bill alone of £29m on a turnover of just £9m.

On the face of it, non of these clubs looked like they had spent much, maybe we'll find out how much it cost Norwich and Sheff utd in a couple of years time.

Will MM be at the fans' forum tomorrow and will he be asked the hard question?

Will it be live on RamsTV?

[QUOTE=Ram59;39181438]

I don't know the full details but Brighton lost £39m in their promotion season after loading £25m the previous season. Huddersfield lost £20m in their promotion season and Bournemouth had a wage bill alone of £29m on a turnover of just £9m.

On the face of it, non of these clubs looked like they had spent much, maybe we'll find out how much it cost Norwich and Sheff utd in a couple of years time.
    Well if Brighton lost £39 million in one season and you can only lose that over three they broke FFP rules and no fine Bournemouth for fined £3.5 million three years after promotion Well we can lose £16million this season or were in trouble but I've heard were under that so should be ok Don't think Norwich will be in any trouble They have mainly German second div players and kids plus they sold Brady Maddison and the Murphy twins for £64million Sheff U i would think they have spent less than the money they got for Brooks

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)