+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BBC spend £87m on new EastEnders set

BBC spend £87m on new EastEnders set

A £27m overspend!

At least five years late!

What a monumental waste of public money and so typical of the casual way the BBC “manage” public funds.

How can it be possible that £87m is needed for a soap opera set?

How can a £27m overspend be allowed?

How can it over run by five years?

The Governor General of the BBC and the government minister responsible for culture and media should be sacked.

This is what happens when people without business nous are put in control.

Utter waste and incompetence.

Few years ago the choir my wife was in were asked to sing the Doh Ray Me song as part of a tribute to Julie Andrews who was appearing in that evenings One Show. Fifty or so went up to the BBC sudios in central London and spent around 3 hours rehearsing the song. In attendance were over 30 BBC staff: sound and lighting engineers plus goodness knows who else.

When it was shown there was in fact a number of others singing their bit and the choirs contribution amounted to about 2 x 5 seconds.

The only useful thing that came out of it for me was confirmation that watching the One Show would be a total waste of 30 minutes of my life every day.

So many gay story lines on Eastenders these days that it may as well be called Rearenders

And they still want to stop free TV licences for over 75's

It's about time the BBC went public and started showing adverts. I detest being forced to buy a licence.

Quote Originally Posted by phild View Post
    So many gay story lines on Eastenders these days that it may as well be called Rearenders
    Kin hilarious!! Love it.

Quote Originally Posted by holmleighchris View Post
    It's about time the BBC went public and started showing adverts. I detest being forced to buy a licence.
    I detest adverts,I record and fast forward my programmes!

I’m happy to pay not to have to watch s h I t adverts like 118 and all the begging adverts.

I’m fed up of hearing about Abdul who has to walk a 30 mile round trip every day for water........some advice Abdul.....move closer to the f king waterhole.

And the government minister in charge would happen to be a Tory eh? This reminds me of the time when Labour were in charge of the Olympics and the costs skyrocketed - so it would seem that no matter which party is in charge we’ll always have a bunch of inept politicians.

Quote Originally Posted by regis80 View Post
    And the government minister in charge would happen to be a Tory eh? This reminds me of the time when Labour were in charge of the Olympics and the costs skyrocketed - so it would seem that no matter which party is in charge we’ll always have a bunch of inept politicians.
    I don’t give a monkey’s chuff about the politics....it’s incompetence pure and simple and whoever the minister is they should be sacked.

Don't pay any tv licence as at renewal time I just rang them up told them I don't watch BBC tv and hey presto the job was done.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)