+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bennell

Bennell

I realise this is a sensitive subject and being a newbee I dont know if it's been discussed before,but what are the views of

Crewe fans regarding the latest revelations ?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...s-victims.html

Where does it say it’s Bennell’s request
    Surely the article is contempt of court
    It’s a rehash from the Guardian the day before

It’s discussed and debated often on the relevant Crewe FB pages.

https://www.theguardian.com/football...bennell-victim

Seems as though Crewe have had to climb down,I wonder how many more will come forward now.

Steve Walters has claim settled. Tbf to the club, they will be following the advice of the lawyers and particularly their insurers who will be footing the bills.

Quote Originally Posted by whosbrianwilson View Post
    Steve Walters has claim settled. Tbf to the club, they will be following the advice of the lawyers and particularly their insurers who will be footing the bills.
    I have no idea how corporate insurance works, would we be expected to pay a %, i presume at the very least our premiums will be huge next time?

I think one of the shames of this whole thing has been the clubs actions, although it does appear as though we've been pretty much following the insurers advice.

I think, as a small club, the directors have just been following advice. Had they not followed that advice, outcomes would have been disastrous for the long-term future. Whatever, you think of them, they were stuck between a rock and a hard place

Well if you check your car insurance it says if you have an accident never admit it was your fault. The company and lawyers will sort it out.
    The Guardian misses so much out in the story that you can't trust anything they write

Quote Originally Posted by thnhouse View Post
    I have no idea how corporate insurance works, would we be expected to pay a %, i presume at the very least our premiums will be huge next time?

I think one of the shames of this whole thing has been the clubs actions, although it does appear as though we've been pretty much following the insurers advice.
    As an outsider, the clubs actions and denials have been damning, someone, somewhere must have known what was going on and it has led to a lot of criticism from other clubs and the wider community, BUT I can understand Crewe following advice and saying nothing,I'm just glad I'm not paying the insurance premiums next year .

TH you may be right but I knew some of the parents who's children were with the club when B was arrested in America and they could not believe that he had done what he was accused of. It shows what a devious being he was and covered his tracks well

All I can say is do not believe everything you read in the Guardian or more to the point what is omitted in their reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast