+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bennell

As I understand it, the insurance cover being used is a blanket cover of the FA and not the clubs. From a selfish point of view this is great news for our club and also a reason why we have not put any pressure on the FA regarding Dario.

Quote Originally Posted by out0lunch View Post
    TH you may be right but I knew some of the parents who's children were with the club when B was arrested in America and they could not believe that he had done what he was accused of. It shows what a devious being he was and covered his tracks well

All I can say is do not believe everything you read in the Guardian or more to the point what is omitted in their reports
    Daniel Taylor from the Guardian has been shameful. I completely get why he broke the story and I do get a lot of the criticism of the club. We've not handled this well, whether forced on us by insurers or not, and our "say nothing" approach is one that doesn't show any sympathy for the victims.

His hounding of Gradi and Bowler ,however, has been pretty disgraceful. With all the investigation in to the club the best they've managed to come up with is that there was substantial rumours so the club should have acted quicker and that Gradi once asked someone to come and get **** off his computer. Add to that he's completely ignored that Chelsea actively paid for a cover up and Man City have pretty much admitted they knew and didn't tell Crewe about Bennelll.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12