+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: TeamTalk - Ian McParland

Quote Originally Posted by DelroyFacey22 View Post
    Luton were relegated but without the deduction they were safely mid table so it's not too shocking of a loss to be fair but yeah, we were awful, the football was awful, the crowds were awful and I think had it not been for Munto we would have either gone down the next season or not even started it.
    It definitely felt like the club was slowly dying. 4000 fans at home games, and just rank awful players. Gavin Strachan anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by nottsun View Post
    I also liked Thommo. He produced what many on here say they want, every time we are in trouble and then bay like wolves to be rid of, when we have it.

Thompson was probably helped by the fact that things were a little more stable behind the scenes, for the most part, than they were when McP was manager (Thommo had Howard Wilkinson to turn to). It was when JAH took over that Thommo was sacked and McP was brought in. Also, a pretty decent 25 year run under Sirrel-Warnock-Allardyce was still fresh in the memory and supporters were likely to have to been far less patient than they are now. It was an extremely difficult situation for McP to walk intio.

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    It definitely felt like the club was slowly dying. 4000 fans at home games, and just rank awful players. Gavin Strachan anyone?
    It's for this reason I'm Ok with McParland taking his credit, Strachan, Dudfield, Thompson in midfield... it was the worst ever. One season we escaped late on the last day. We had the perfect squad for relegation to the conference, way worse than now, it's a wonder how we escaped.

Ivan Sproule was a personal favourite. I remember him for his name but in the pitch, a complete non player.

Quote Originally Posted by optipez View Post
    Ivan Sproule was a personal favourite. I remember him for his name but in the pitch, a complete non player.
    He played for us the other side of Munto though, during the Paul Ince season. One of a handful or random signings he made before he was sacked. Remember Alan 'goals' Gow?

He played for us the other side of Munto though, during the Paul Ince season. One of a handful or random signings he made before he was sacked. Remember Alan 'goals' Gow?
    At least Gow could take a half decent corner, ask Neal Bishop, but yeah the volume of odd, bit part non players we’ve accommodated at this club over the last 20 years or so is just astounding.

Don't know how anybody could listen to charlies after match interview.Was as dour & boring as fcuk,plus he had been watching a different game to everybody else

Blimey, he just got memory banked with the days of the bankrupt Trust dross.

Bring McParland back, he saved us before with nothing near the quality of player Ardley has........

Don't talk tripe! I am 100% behind your analysis and view on Hardy - but - McParland is one of the worst managers we have ever had. I've been watching/supporting for 57 years and he is up there with some of the poorest dross like Lloyd, Lowe, Iceman, Ince, Sheridan, Fullarton, Kiwomya et al.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast