+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: TeamTalk - Ian McParland

Quote Originally Posted by forwardmagpie View Post
    Hi Elite - you asking the same question again - I will give you Bradford first game of the Munto season - one of the best games I have seen us play - were you there?
    Yes, I was there and loved every minute, it's a game I'll never forget seeing the full Sirrel stand less than half full by the final whistle. Even though I was never convinced by Munto, I was certainly convinced by that team. It was clear we were a class above any other team in the division, and promotion should have been a formality. It did become a formality once we got rid of McParland. Seeing as you mention one particular game, I'll do the same even though it's a game we didn't lose. I still have vivid memories of when we played at home to Torquay on a Sunday for the TV cameras. Torquay were relegation fodder and we soon went 2-0 up. They pulled one back and started hurling long balls into the box in desperation. We badly needed a change in tactics to negate this, but McParland just stood leaning against the dugout with his arms folded. He did absolutely nothing, and they equalised late on. I remember being totally depressed on the way home thinking we had by far the best squad in the division, but were being held back by a clueless manager. I was elated to wake up the following day to hear he had been given the boot, and the rest is history. Once we eventually had competent management in place, we won the league by 10 points.

Anyway, is one game against Bradford really the best you can come up with? Remember, I'm asking for a list of his managerial qualities.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Yes, I was there and loved every minute, it's a game I'll never forget seeing the full Sirrel stand less than half full by the final whistle. Even though I was never convinced by Munto, I was certainly convinced by that team. It was clear we were a class above any other team in the division, and promotion should have been a formality. It did become a formality once we got rid of McParland. Seeing as you mention one particular game, I'll do the same even though it's a game we didn't lose. I still have vivid memories of when we played at home to Torquay on a Sunday for the TV cameras. Torquay were relegation fodder and we soon went 2-0 up. They pulled one back and started hurling long balls into the box in desperation. We badly needed a change in tactics to negate this, but McParland just stood leaning against the dugout with his arms folded. He did absolutely nothing, and they equalised late on. I remember being totally depressed on the way home thinking we had by far the best squad in the division, but were being held back by a clueless manager. I was elated to wake up the following day to hear he had been given the boot, and the rest is history. Once we eventually had competent management in place, we won the league by 10 points.

Anyway, is one game against Bradford really the best you can come up with? Remember, I'm asking for a list of his managerial qualities.
    Torquay was a shocking game I agree but not amongst the worst I have seen.

Strange when we win it’s because of great players not the manager but when we lose (or draw) it’s because of a bad manager.

Strange when we win it’s because of great players not the manager but when we lose (or draw) it’s because of a bad manager.
    In which case you have to look at the season overall rather than individual games to make a rational judgement. That rational judgement can only conclude that McParland was an abject failure.

Please feel free to prove me wrong by listing his managerial successes at other clubs. FFS, even Fullarton got a second chance!

In which case you have to look at the season overall rather than individual games to make a rational judgement. That rational judgement can only conclude that McParland was an abject failure.

Please feel free to prove me wrong by listing his managerial successes at other clubs. FFS, even Fullarton got a second chance!
    Cotterill was probably a better and more experienced manager why don’t you give him a ring and see if he is available.

Apart from half a season Mr Cotterill can you list our excellent managers this century and why you think they have been excellent.
    Last edited by forwardmagpie; 23-03-2019 at 09:21 PM.

Cotterill was probably a better and more experienced manager why don’t you give him a ring and see if he is available.

Apart from half a season Mr Cotterill can you list our excellent managers this century and why you think they have been excellent.
    We haven't had any other excellent managers this century, which is maybe why we are so bad. McParland was still one of the very worst. You still seem to be avoiding the question I asked, so I'll repeat it yet again in bold type this time:

Please could the list the managerial qualities that McParland possesses that would make him a suitable appointment?

We haven't had any other excellent managers this century, which is maybe why we are so bad. McParland was still one of the very worst. You still seem to be avoiding the question I asked, so I'll repeat it yet again in bold type this time:

Please could the list the managerial qualities that McParland possesses that would make him a suitable appointment?
    Yes I could but I don’t have too but keep asking if you want.

Yes I could but I don’t have too but keep asking if you want.
    Try and forget it's me who is asking the question. It's a public messageboard so I'm sure others would like to see your list.

If you don't provide your list people will draw their own conclusion as to why. What are you scared of?

In a choice between Mad Dog and McParland, Mad Dog wins by a distance.

If the choice was between Fullarton and McParland, it would be a photo finish.
    That just underlines your lack of footballing knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by jscarr View Post
    Maybe you're right. Who would you look to bring in?
    There's no point in bringing anyone IN at this stage, the damage was done months ago.

I have asked this question of you, MiG and many others before but never got a reply.

He had a vision for the club, He's an excellent coach (He proved that at Forest), He assembled the best group of players we have seen in 10 years (Lee Hughes, Matt Ritchie etc who we could have bought for 150k), He actually cares for the club he was trying to build, He was trying to play decent football (yes the Bradford game was the best I have seen in many years), the club was moving forward until the crooks of Munto came in and shafted him. We have never recovered since with the odious, inept owners that have ruined our club. Is that enough for you Elite?

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast