+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Will anyone buy us? Yes? No?

Will anyone buy us? Yes? No?

Let's face it we're pretty much down, we'll say there's still hope but we know deep down it's pretty probable. I'd like to say I still believe in this lot to save us but when you have on paper a pretty good team for this league and still fail then the writing is on the wall. We've flirted with it for years and it's so notts to be favorites for the league title and come bottom. Anyway all that aside because I can't keep being angry it's not good for our own health as people or those around us so I'm looking towards the conference now and how we'll do.

They say it's hard first season in there and everyone will want to beat us so open minded about that. What really concerns me is are we going to get a buyer? Surely those in talks will have known we could go down but there was still alot to play for then. I'm worried they'll pull out, I don't want to be left without a club. So I'm asking do people think we'll get a new buyer? Yes or No?

I think No

Absolutely not. I do hope I'm proved wrong. Who'd want to negotiate with Hardy? He'll, no doubt, want top dollar. No one in their right mind would pay that. Hardy will mess any prospective deal up. Just look at his record.

Yes

There are always people who want to buy football clubs. It’s finding the right one that is more of a challenge.

As bad as we maybe on the field right now you’ve got to look at it from an investment perspective and a long term.

What makes Notts an attractive proposition compared to say a championship club that someone could buy;

1.) League Position - Buying Notts is going to be far less than buying a championship side so you have saved money there.

2.) Location - Nottingham is the biggest city in the East Midlands and has a far greater population and potential to attract fans if the club is doing well on the field. We can get five figure gates at the bottom of the league. That speaks volumes.

3.) Debts - To us it may seem like the club has a lot of debt, which maybe the case. But compare this to a lot of clubs and it’s not that large. Clear this debt (not loan money to pass onto the next owner) and you’ve got a club with a firm foundation to go forward.

4.) Fan Base - We have a core 6,000 which is generally equal to the size mid table league one clubs. So you’ve got that foundation as a minimum.

5.) Owner Ego - What football owner does not want to be a hero and want adulation from the fans? How much of a hero would you be if you took a club from the bottom of league two or non-league to knocking on the door of the championship or even into the Championship. They’d be far more of a hero than if they brought a championship club and stabilised them in that league.

6.) The Challenge / A project - Tied in with the owner ego. Football is a rich mans hobby they are not in it to make money and lots of business men love a good challenge. Taking a club up a few leagues is a good challenge and more exciting than buying one at a higher level and keeping and maintaining them at the same level.

7.) Stadium - We might not own our ground but there is a lease that lasts for another 5 generations. Also the ground is Championship ready. So there is no investment to be made in the stadium apart from upkeep and general maintenance. This is a big attractive one as it means finances can be purely spent or directed to the playing side of the club.

8.) History - More a sentimental thing than financial but still there is a rich history. If someone understand football and it’s history then a club like Notts has an abundance of it

'I'd like to say I still believe in this lot to save us'.

That's the one thing I DON'T believe. I'd have more trust in one of CharlieMcParleys teams to actual achieve that.

I thought someone was buying us.

There were meant to be two allegedly in advanced talks but I'm sure they can pull out whenever they want, this is my concern.

I'm expecting Hardy to still be the owner at the end of the season. No one will buy us for the money he wants unless we some how stay up. He'll either have to cut his loses in the summer or place us into administration the day after we're relegated officially.

Quote Originally Posted by MAD_MAGPIE View Post

1.) League Position - Buying Notts is going to be far less than buying a championship side so you have saved money there.
    I think that's an excellent analysis. Your first point is the only one I'm not so sure about. To actually get to the Championship from two or three leagues down is usually a very costly business. The late owner of Liebherr bought Southampton and ran the club exceptionally well, and yet he still had to pump a fortune in. Thankfully for the Saints, he had one to spare.

In answer to CF's original question, I tend to agree with StP... "Big Alan" will probably screw up any negotiation by being unrealistic (and probably desperate).

We need to stop this silly talk of the championship its never going to happen we only got to league one on fake money league 2 or national league is our true level now.

As for a buyer who knows what is going on if they are serious they would know it was 80% certain we were going down it is hardly a surprise is it !

Hardy has destroyed this club and his other business which hard working people have lost their jobs because of his ego/bad business decisions.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast