Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
Yes, I was there and loved every minute, it's a game I'll never forget seeing the full Sirrel stand less than half full by the final whistle. Even though I was never convinced by Munto, I was certainly convinced by that team. It was clear we were a class above any other team in the division, and promotion should have been a formality. It did become a formality once we got rid of McParland. Seeing as you mention one particular game, I'll do the same even though it's a game we didn't lose. I still have vivid memories of when we played at home to Torquay on a Sunday for the TV cameras. Torquay were relegation fodder and we soon went 2-0 up. They pulled one back and started hurling long balls into the box in desperation. We badly needed a change in tactics to negate this, but McParland just stood leaning against the dugout with his arms folded. He did absolutely nothing, and they equalised late on. I remember being totally depressed on the way home thinking we had by far the best squad in the division, but were being held back by a clueless manager. I was elated to wake up the following day to hear he had been given the boot, and the rest is history. Once we eventually had competent management in place, we won the league by 10 points.

Anyway, is one game against Bradford really the best you can come up with? Remember, I'm asking for a list of his managerial qualities.
He was a good player - I remember a great performance of his against Man U. in the top flight - and in comparison to many since an ok manager. He certainly deserves respect but not to be the gaffer again.