+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New No2

Quote Originally Posted by King Dobbie View Post
    Gary's contract is up at the end of the season so there would be no case for constructive dismissal, I for one would like him to be offered another deal, He is a good young manager that has punched above his weight this season considering we have the second smallest budget & probably smallest squad in the league (due to this and injuries to key players since the Aberdeen Cup game our season has changed for the worst). Unfortunately the way our club is run I can see only at most a handful of this seasons squad being here next season, another major rebuilding exercise will be required. Am sure Gary is aware who will prob stay and who will go and has already started trying to identify new players for next season. As other teams have seen ie Falkirk it is not an ideal situation but that's the way it is. First and foremost we have 2 very big months of Championship football coming up, We all need to get behind the management and players if we want to see fulltime championship football at Palmerston next season.
    What I meany was that GN could leave now if another person had been brought in with the specific intention of taking up his job in due course. I don`t for a second thinks that's what has happened and in all honesty I don't know the legal aspects in any case. Really just replying to JR.
    Agree we need to all get behind the team. There is of course a big difference between expressing concerns on a forum such as this and choosing not to support the team. Some big games coming up. Up the Queens.

Quote Originally Posted by King Dobbie View Post
    Gary's contract is up at the end of the season so there would be no case for constructive dismissal, I for one would like him to be offered another deal, He is a good young manager that has punched above his weight this season considering we have the second smallest budget & probably smallest squad in the league (due to this and injuries to key players since the Aberdeen Cup game our season has changed for the worst). Unfortunately the way our club is run I can see only at most a handful of this seasons squad being here next season, another major rebuilding exercise will be required. Am sure Gary is aware who will prob stay and who will go and has already started trying to identify new players for next season. As other teams have seen ie Falkirk it is not an ideal situation but that's the way it is. First and foremost we have 2 very big months of Championship football coming up, We all need to get behind the management and players if we want to see fulltime championship football at Palmerston next season.

that punching above the weight expression that keeps popping up enrages me ,if this is the size of crowds we get punching above our weight is there any hope for the club ,what weight do yous punch above guys think is our weight and how do yous think queens can attract more fans to palmy if this is as good as it can be ,the fact is these are the crowds we are going to see season apon season until our punching weight massively increases lol .
    Last edited by Francis_begbie_HFC; 26-03-2019 at 06:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dobmeister View Post
    What I meany was that GN could leave now if another person had been brought in with the specific intention of taking up his job in due course. I don`t for a second thinks that's what has happened and in all honesty I don't know the legal aspects in any case. Really just replying to JR.
    Agree we need to all get behind the team. There is of course a big difference between expressing concerns on a forum such as this and choosing not to support the team. Some big games coming up. Up the Queens.
    I'm still supportive of Naysmith and Queens as always . He has experienced how difficult the Queens job is as far as competing with bigger sides regularly and will look for a way out in my opinion. Time will tell .
    Last edited by JRSLEFTPEG; 26-03-2019 at 06:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JRSLEFTPEG View Post
    I'm still supportive of Naysmith and Queens as always . He has experienced how difficult the Queens job is as far as competing with bigger sides regularly and will look for a way out in my opinion. Time will tell .

well i think we all can see if he gets offered any job with a better budget he already has his excuse to move. he will just come out and say he cant take queens any further under these constraints .

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)