+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New No2

Quote Originally Posted by CptQueens View Post
    Just because he was a defender doesn't mean he will necessarily be a defensive although saying that it is highly likely. Unless he turns out to be like Pochettino.

he might also have a few contacts to add to naysmiths ,i do reckon he will be similar style to naysmith cause naysmith comes across to me that he wants people and players at the club that fit into his way ,can be a good way to go having everyone on the same page ,but with his type of playing style not for me jose as the saying goes .lol

New manager in waiting ?

Quote Originally Posted by deek5trans View Post
    New manager in waiting ?
    Been caretaker manager twice at Tannadice so you never know...

Quote Originally Posted by Auld_Chippy View Post
    When I heard he had parted company with Dundee United I wondered if he would be approached to come here. Seems to have been well thought of by the Arabs. A good appointment on the face of it, let's hope he can persuade GN to play to the strengths of the best player in the division.
    Let's hope that this appointment coupled with injured players returning will provide the spark that is necessary to get our season back on track following the dreadful run we have just been through. Mon the South.

I'm wondering why anyone would leave Dundee United to be our number 2 UNLESS he has been asked to come in just now and take over as boss at the end of the season. I predict this will be Naysmith's last season.

Quote Originally Posted by JRSLEFTPEG View Post
    I'm wondering why anyone would leave Dundee United to be our number 2 UNLESS he has been asked to come in just now and take over as boss at the end of the season. I predict this will be Naysmith's last season.
    It was revealed in the Dundee Courier in January that he was leaving at the the end of the season anyway after Robbie Neilson brought in his own man Gordon Forrest.

Quote Originally Posted by JRSLEFTPEG View Post
    While it may well be GNs last season at QOS (who knows) i think you may be reading too much into Ellis's decision to come to us. He had been frozen out at Dundee United so it`s not that surprising that he was looking to get back into the game IMHO. That`s not to say he wouldn't be in the frame if GN did leave but i doubt if the 2 things are linked. If they were I would think GN would have a strong case for constructive dismissal.

Quote Originally Posted by Dobmeister View Post
    While it may well be GNs last season at QOS (who knows) i think you may be reading too much into Ellis's decision to come to us. He had been frozen out at Dundee United so it`s not that surprising that he was looking to get back into the game IMHO. That`s not to say he wouldn't be in the frame if GN did leave but i doubt if the 2 things are linked. If they were I would think GN would have a strong case for constructive dismissal.

Spoke to both GN and Ellis on Saturday night. Ellis seems a decent lad and the gaffer is more than confident we’ll stay up.

Yes, I'm just speculating lads but I can't see Naysmith carrying on , especially if he gets an offer elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Dobmeister View Post
    Gary's contract is up at the end of the season so there would be no case for constructive dismissal, I for one would like him to be offered another deal, He is a good young manager that has punched above his weight this season considering we have the second smallest budget & probably smallest squad in the league (due to this and injuries to key players since the Aberdeen Cup game our season has changed for the worst). Unfortunately the way our club is run I can see only at most a handful of this seasons squad being here next season, another major rebuilding exercise will be required. Am sure Gary is aware who will prob stay and who will go and has already started trying to identify new players for next season. As other teams have seen ie Falkirk it is not an ideal situation but that's the way it is. First and foremost we have 2 very big months of Championship football coming up, We all need to get behind the management and players if we want to see fulltime championship football at Palmerston next season.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)