+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why not join Dfcss??

Why not join Dfcss??

I like many Dee's are critical of some of Dfcss dealings.Why not start a social media campaign to bring the fans on board and have more fans as members with a view to democratically having a voice in these important issues.I get the feeling some on the board of Dfcss like the fact membership is low as it's probably easier to control.Its time to stick together as fans and try and move the club forward.If the fans group had a larger membership it may even be possible to relay ideas such as better pricing, creating a better atmosphere at dens and trying to attract some more fans.
    Just a thought.

fine idea however imo would never get off the ground mate,John Nelms will not correspond with people and that must change for anything at dens to change,"its John's baa now"

iv been waiting 3 weeks now i think(lost count) for a simple answer to an email despite firing emails to reception/john nelms and another department asking the same question about something.

Surely all the more reason for a stronger fans group to put more pressure on the likes of John Nelms to listen and work with the fans.As much as it's "his ba" there is nae game without supporters bud.

Great idea, the more fans views represented the better, I’m pretty confident that the society board would concur with that. I don’t see the society trying to control the members, they are probably more open than ever for some guidance from members on what to do

We already have two vehicles for discussing DFC in this forum and the other one. Exactly what do you mean by starting a social media campaign to bring the fans on board. The Dee4Life website has twitter and facebook options but they look pretty unused to me. I think the two forums actually do create a following and I'm sure that what is posted will be read and acted upon. Dodds was a case and point, and I think that we would still have NM as manager if there had not been so many constructively critical comments about his failings. By all means encourage DFCSS membership but I'd be happier if people knew what DFCSS was going to do top help the club and try to sell that proposition to increase the numbers.

Part of the trouble with democracy is that it is, at root, a very simple way of making decisions. The side with the biggest number of votes wins. That was the way it worked before social media and 24hour news schedules. The losing side accepted that they had lost the vote and things went the way outlined by the winning side. Nowadays this does not happen and if you lose a vote, you spend all your time trying to undermine the policy of the winners and continually re-fighting the vote. It's even more difficult to solve problems democratically when there are more than two options. I'd like to see a clear way forward for DFCSS and hope that they would be a force for unity rather than a home for dissent.

Quote Originally Posted by shaded View Post
    fine idea however imo would never get off the ground mate,John Nelms will not correspond with people and that must change for anything at dens to change,"its John's baa now"

iv been waiting 3 weeks now i think(lost count) for a simple answer to an email despite firing emails to reception/john nelms and another department asking the same question about something.
    Just a thought does the footyMad format have any clubs that official support the facilities offered by FootyMad? We had the offical club forum which was disbanded by Spoofer, I think and everyone migrated to FoootyMad then TDB forum was set up and the population split over the two forums. Is there any club that actually posts news and items officially on FootyMad as part of their outreach to their fans? you'd think that would be a really attractive approach, no need to maintain or run the forum, have the information that you want to share broadcast in the exact words that you want to use and not have to rely on the newspapers spin to try to make the news more interesting to the wider public.

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    Just a thought does the footyMad format have any clubs that official support the facilities offered by FootyMad? We had the offical club forum which was disbanded by Spoofer, I think and everyone migrated to FoootyMad then TDB forum was set up and the population split over the two forums. Is there any club that actually posts news and items officially on FootyMad as part of their outreach to their fans? you'd think that would be a really attractive approach, no need to maintain or run the forum, have the information that you want to share broadcast in the exact words that you want to use and not have to rely on the newspapers spin to try to make the news more interesting to the wider public.
    il ask the question mate and get back to you

When D4life started, over 4000 supporters paid Their pound and we were all members for life.
    When the leglslation changed in 2016 and man annual fee was introduced, i was contacted and paid my £5, but a lot of people did not have e mail addresses when D4life started, so many people could no be contacted.
    Also many had moved house etc.

What about printing flyers for the next home game and see what the response is from the fans ?

What about

sounds sensible but you never know when commonsense comes face to face with Dee supporters!

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    I hope this site never becomes official!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)