+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sir John halls regrets

Quote Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
    Trying to be one of the lads? One of which lads? (Fellow Toon supporter lads) I know it can be hard,for you..

I'm trying to be nobody other than myself. (Yes we know,cos this is what makes you different) Accept this or don't.(well I'm not the only one but I don't)
    I gave an opinion and you don't like it....fair enough. (Ah that old chestnut eh! Right I'm off to give my lovely wife a cuddle,whilst your probably having a ****,cos I was weak and replied to you)
    Enjoy your tug,I promise I won't bite again....

I'm not talking about what he's doing now, I'm talking about Bobby Robson being sacked and why Shearer may have been one of a few who was potentially part of that.
    I have a legitimate reason to think so.

Maybe I'm wrong...only those inside the club at the time will be able to shed light on the whole scenario of the time.
    So if you have a legitimate reason now is the time to justify yourself and state what you honestly believe to be correct about Shearer otherwise it will look just like one of your paramour's claims to fame which never developed into anything approaching honesty.

Quote Originally Posted by ex_pat_magpie View Post
    So if you have a legitimate reason now is the time to justify yourself and state what you honestly believe to be correct about Shearer otherwise it will look just like one of your paramour's claims to fame which never developed into anything approaching honesty.
    When I state something as fact I'll justify it.
    I can't be certain that Shearer being one person having some influence in Robson being sacked but I can read into what I think maybe a case.

Towards the end of Bobby Robson's managerial tenure, him and Shearer fell out. Robson dropped Shearer for the game in which he was eventually sacked after.
    Robson said Shearer betrayed him.

Now you can read into that whatever you will. I read into it as a potential of being in some part one reason for Robson's sacking along with the obvious Bellamy and Dyer carry on.

Now some of you think Jenas was the other one. Maybe he was.

When I state something as fact I'll justify it.
    I can't be certain that Shearer being one person having some influence in Robson being sacked but I can read into what I think maybe a case.

Towards the end of Bobby Robson's managerial tenure, him and Shearer fell out. Robson dropped Shearer for the game in which he was eventually sacked after.
    Robson said Shearer betrayed him.

Now you can read into that whatever you will. I read into it as a potential of being in some part one reason for Robson's sacking along with the obvious Bellamy and Dyer carry on.

Now some of you think Jenas was the other one. Maybe he was.
    I don't think a fall out over selection in one single match in a career of playing over 600 games in the top flight and at international level would have led to him being held responsible for Sir Bob's departure.

Shearer has nothing but kind words when talking about Robson.

He said Robson renewed his career after his injuries when he first came,told him to run the channels instead of playing with his back to goal as a target man.

It showed on Bobbys first home game against Sheff Wed. when we scored 8.

Quote Originally Posted by ex_pat_magpie View Post
    Only when he was insisting about getting away.

He claimed he didn't want to be a big fish in a little bowl, said he couldn't stand all of the exposure he got when he was out and about personally.
    Robson left in 2004... jenas left in 2005.

We signed jenas as a ****ager... Bobby looked after him... his problems started AFTER Bobby left, as souness did not have the same man management skills.

Bellamy was the same... a bit of a dick... Bobby could handle him, souness did not want to.

Bellamy I'll give you...

But as far as I am aware... jenas never once gave Bobby a moment of bother.

Jenas wasn't a troublemaker, though possibly a show-off. From what I've read through the years it's Bellamy and Dyer (who has admitted he was wrong about it) that were the main troublemakers. I'm coming around regarding with him as a pundit as well, I think he's decent.

I doubt Shearer was involved in this, as he would've left the club had it not been for Sir Bobby Robson.

I thought it was common knowledge that there was if you want 2 groups in the dressing room.Shearer,Given,Harper etc then the likes of Dyer,Bellamy,Jenas etc.Wether Jenas was or wasnt a trouble maker them 3 lived in each others pockets and did just about everything together.
    Anyone out and about at the time would have regularly bumped into them 3 and for the short time he was here Woodgate would be there as well.Burning 20 and 50 quid notes.Showing off.
    I take the point Jenas might not have been vocal amongst them and might not have caused grief but with a mouthpiece like Bellamy even if he wanted he wouldn't have got a chance.
    I certainly dont and will not have Shearer as one.When he had grief with Gullit he went to have it out with him after the tramps game and was beaten to it by Duncan Ferguson.Face to face is his style.The 3 guilty of this went behind Sir Bob's back.The 3 mentioned Dyer,Jenas and gobsh1te Bellamy,well it's their style alright.

People can read into this what they feel. This is why I say he could've been a potential tooth in that cog of Robsons sacking.

A few snippets.

When Sir Bobby was presented with a special sword by the city of Newcastle at the conclusion of The Match, a pro-celebrity football show filmed at St James' Park and recently screened by Sky, both Shepherd and Shearer pointedly vacated the directors box before the on-pitch ceremony.

While Robson is understood to feel betrayed by Shearer after reviving his career on succeeding Ruud Gullit at St James' five years ago - it is apparently no coincidence that he lost his job after dropping the No 9 for his final game in charge, a 4-2 defeat at Aston Villa.

Robson offered Shearer a free rein as captain, he did not exercise the control over Newcastle's young players that might have been anticipated from such a senior and influential figure.

Having initially been happy to groom the local hero as his successor he duly changed his mind, telling reporters that Shearer, who is at present studying for his coaching badges, would be much more suited to a media career.

Tellingly, Shearer apparently became disillusioned with Robson after the latter's forlorn attempts to sell him to Liverpool in the summer of 2003.

When Robson dropped him for a meaningless second leg UEFA Cup encounter in Norway last season, Shearer made his indignation extremely plain and the exercise was never repeated.

It now seems that the manager's detection of a lack of boardroom support for his gesture deterred him from omitting Shearer - who at the age of 34 has lost much pace and mobility - from some League games for tactical reasons and this arguably cost Newcastle a Champions League place.

Like I say, read into that what you will.
    This is why I feel that Shearer may have had a hand in Robson's dismissal.

We all love Shearer but it is true he played on far and above his usefulness in terms of full on effectiveness and it did appear that he had a lot more sway with Shepherd than any manager over him.

Copied and pasted from the Telegraph.All quotes that weren't verified by Sir Bobby himself.In the Telegraph it must be true.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)