+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Declan Rice

Quote Originally Posted by GranthamPie View Post
    He should be proud of his Irish ancestry Navy
    He is( as am I) Grantham, and I thank you for your opinion. We might not agree but that's what makes the world go around.

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    Just as I believe in absolute freedom of speech at any time, I think people should have the right to express a different view later. I don't think Declan Rice should even feel obliged to apologise, especially for comments maybe made in the naivety of youth. None of us knows better than the man himself what he really thinks now, so I'll take his clarification at face value.

The qualification rules for international football are a joke anyway. I recall Xherdan Shaqiri scoring a goal for Switzerland in the World Cup last year and both he and Granit Xhaka then giving an Albanian eagle hand gesture to antagonise the Serbian fans. They weren't thinking of the glory of Switzerland (or football) at that moment, that's for sure.
    Some good points jackal.

Christ... the lad was 15.. give him a break
    Then why didn't he apologise when he was 16,17,18 or 19 instead of when he decided he wanted to play for England? Like all the other apologists, he is really really sorry when he was found out. He wouldn't have been sorry if he had continued with his Irish connection.

I don't give a toss who he plays for, just grips my **** when people apologise for things when they become an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by SmiffyPie View Post
    I don't give a toss who he plays for, just grips my **** when people apologise for things when they become an issue.
    Is the correct answer.

Quote Originally Posted by SmiffyPie View Post
    Then why didn't he apologise when he was 16,17,18 or 19 instead of when he decided he wanted to play for England?
    Pretty obvious really. Because he wasn't under the media spotlight then, and barely anyone was aware of what he said.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Pretty obvious really. Because he wasn't under the media spotlight then, and barely anyone was aware of what he said.
    Just enother young English player that will do nowt then disappear. does he have the tattoos yet.

Would you be saying the same if he had been a member of the BNP or had denied the holocaust?

He should be proud of his Irish ancestry Navy
    Absolutely Granthampie.. Although my grandparents garage in Enniskillen was destroyed during the troubles. But we move on and Ireland today is such a beautiful place.....

Begum Shamina was only 15...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast